Zhongli ✨ Y/n

To compensate for my massive simpposting, here's Zhongli.

"A Conversation About Death"

The petite lady watched the birds fly around the peak's floating land, gazing at the sunset with forlorn eyes. This land she never knew existed, was something embedded in her mind, a place where she can collect her thoughts. She was, but the daughter of a poet, hardly living the wealthy life of Liyue. She was cut off from the world as she willed, her dreams taking her to different visions, different stories, that she have written in parchment. The brush and the ink was the only thing keeping her from forgetting her fantasies from childhood. Until now, she had been a dreaming little dove, untainted by the evil below.

          "There you are," A familiar voice entered her ears, making her flinch. A figure came to view, one with gold eyes that threw her to pools of gold, and a face that looked rather mystical. The red ink on their eyes made them look ever so sharp, and the brown hair that flows by the wind had accentuated their being. Morax, the geo archon was there by her side, and she could feel his presence sitting next to her with poise. "The scenery from this floating island... it never fails to take my breath away," His deep voice entered her thoughts. Y/n was a rare little human, who could distinguish the presence of a god, an adepti, a mortal, and spirits that dwell in Liyue. Not only that, paired with her kindness, she was like a human that never existed. Such qualities made the geo archon rather... attracted to the female. "You look surprised to see me," The god stated, making the female snap out of her thoughts and into a red mess. "I-I wasn't expecting a-anyone to come here..." She mumbled, making Morax chuckle at her bashfulness. "I... I usually come here to recollect my thoughts," Y/n looked back at the sunset, the sun slowly disappearing to make way for the moon, that spreads its beauty to the land. "It is quite a lovely place to whisk oneself away from reality, but that forlorn glint on your eyes tell me that you came here more than just to dream,"  Y/n stays silent, darkness flowing to shroud the world in a night of stars. "Will you enlighten me with the thoughts in your mind, my love?"

           "I was just thinking... about the future. The mortality of humans like me. When death ushers you to its abode, and captures you in a sweet kiss, where do people go?" Y/n said, fiddling with her sleeves. "Do they bring you to Celestia, or do you wander around the mortal realm. Does the Underworld welcome those that have passed away, or do they watch over us like eagles in the sky?" Y/n rambled on about the philosophy.

           "I apologize for my rambling. Strings of words come out of my lips once I take on the privilege of talking about philosophy, especially to you," Y/n chuckles, blushing at her embarrassing thoughts. "No need to apologize. I find your thoughts fascinating. Such deep conversations from a curious mind like yours are always welcome."

          "Death may be a topic no one wanted to touch, as it is always an unsure discussion on what happens after life. Some spirits are humans with deep regrets that they continue to wander the Mortal realm; some of them stay behind for revenge and terror; but there are those that stay to protect someone dear to them," He explained. "Death is a topic that brings up plenty of questions for humans like you, but this I can assure you, that whatever it is, people will forever keep you in their memories." Y/n then stood up, and then looked at the stars above. "Then... Will you remember me when I die?" The geo archon looked at the female and stood up himself. Walking near the philosopher, he wrapped his arms around the lady, his breath touching her neck, his hair tickling her cheeks. "Dead or alive, you are always in my mind, whether it'd be dusk or dawn," He tightens his hold, basking in her warmth. "My dear," Y/n looks at the god with a blush on her cheeks and widened eyes. "I love you, and will always love you, even if death do us part."