Chapter 13

Mallory's POV

"Dad! Did you see my phone?!" I yelled looking frantically everywhere

I heard footsteps and saw dad enter my room. I looked at him and continued looking under my bed.

"Um, Mal?" Dad said

"Yeah?" I asked still looking under my bed

"Did you try looking in your back pocket?" He said

I stopped and put my hand on my butt and felt a little lump. I took the lump out and saw that it was my phone.

"Ohhhhhh" I said laughing at myself

"You're a special one" dad said laughing with me

"Hurry up were gonna be late for lunch" he said

"Is everyone there already?" I asked

"They are already on our way except for Kian who is waiting for us downstairs.

I nodded grabbing my white cardigan and my purse while heading out the door.

"It's about time" Kian said dramatically when we reached down the stairs

"Sorry, I lost my phone for a bit" I said

"I could hear" Kian said chuckling

We all got out of the house and locked the door. Then we headed to Kians car and got inside. I ran to the front before dad did and got in.

"Mallory get your butt in the back!" Dad yelled walking to the passenger seat. I quickly locked my door and stuck out my tongue at him.

Kian got in and dad got into the back. Then w headed off to the dining place.

We finally reached the restaurant and went inside. We found everyone and told the waiter we were with them and went to sit down. I sat in between to Cam and Matt.

I looked at the menu and decided on getting a pink lemonade with some chicken Alfredo pasta.

"Hey, Mal watch this" I heard Cameron say

I turned my head to see him balancing the salt shaker on his nose. I got out my phone and opened up my camera and took a video. Then the shaker fell and hit the edge of the table causing the cap to open and leaving salt all over Cameron.

"I caught that on tape!" I said laughing out of control.

I posted it to vine and captioned 'Stop being so salty cam"

After him dusting all the salt off and a waiter cleaning it up, our good finally arrived.

We all ate and talked and we just had an amazing time.

"I'll be right back, I need to pee" I said standing up

Can nodded and I went to the bathroom.

*scream*

On my way to the bathroom, I heard a scream and I jumped at the sudden outburst.

I looked around and everyone was acting normal. I'm guessing they didn't hear that. The scream came from inside the bathroom.

I slowly opened the door only to find a little for crying from her mom. She had a cut on her knee and the mom was patting her knee with alcohol swabs and the girl was screaming that it burned.

"I'm so sorry for the noise" the lady said

"No no, you're fine." I said smiling back

I crouched down to the little girl so we were the same height.

"You wanna hold my hand while your mom cleans your cut? It's better to squeeze something when something is sore" I asked the little girl

She nodded and took my hand. The mom smiled and continued cleaning the girls cut. The girl didn't scream. She just squeezed my hand and looked away.

"Now look who's the big girl now" I said smiling at her

The little girl smiled and hugged me. It took me by surprise, but I hugged back.

I looked at the mom and she mouthed 'thank you' to me and left.

I finally went into a stall to do my business and that's when I heard the door open again. I finished and flushed and was about to open the door, but it was stuck. The person had left so I couldn't ask them for help.

Then I saw smoke. I crouched down and saw that someone lit the napkins on fire all over the floor.

"HELP" I screamed trying to open the door. I couldn't crawl under because there was the napkin on fire right by the door.

"Help!" I screamed once more

Then that's when I heard knocking and pounding on the door.

"Mallory??" I heard

"Help, I'm stuck!" I screamed

"Just hang on" I heard

I was coughing uncontrollably and started to breathe heavy. I tried to calm down, but how can you when you're trapped in a tiny place caught on fire.

I was getting light headed and I collapsed to the ground. I heard pounding and then it stopped. Then the door bursted opened and I heard a fire extinguisher going off.

I was still coughing and I heard someone tell me to step back.

I took all my strength and moved as far back as I could. The door was kicked down and someone instantly picked me up.

They carried me outside and I just kept coughing and coughing. I looked to see it was
Cameron who carried me out and I was still sitting on his lap. He was rubbing my back and trying to calm me down since I was still shaking.

Dad was on the phone probably calling 911 and everyone else was in a circle around me and Cameron.

I felt my eyes go heavy and I rested my head on Cams shoulder and everything went black.