Chapter 34

*Same day*

Mallory's POV

I open my eyes and I'm confused of the surrounding that I've woke up to. I look to my left and see a wooden desk with a lamp that's on and also my only light source, then I look to my right which I can see a bed shape figure since there wasn't enough light to reach across of the room.

I'm in the middle of the room on the floor and scratches all over my legs and arms. I have no memory on how I got here and I start to panic.

I tell myself, Stay calm. You don't know where you are or who might here you.

After calming myself down a bit, I got the strength to finally get up. I walked over to the wooden table and saw that it was just a small wooden desk with no drawers and only the lamp on top. I took the lamp in my hand and carefully walked as far as the chord would go to see what else was in the room. I shined it on the right side of the room, and I was right. It was a bed.

That was it. Just the bed, the table, and the lamp. I did a rotation to see where the door was and saw that it was on the right side when facing the bed. I put the lamp down as close as I could to the door so I could see what I was doing. Of course, it was locked. I couldn't kick it down either because it was metal and locked down good.

Now I started to panic. The room started to get hot and I had trouble breathing. I went to the bed, tripping over the lamp not even caring because I was just focusing on breathing normal again. Instead of continuing on going back to the bed, I just sat on the floor and took deep breaths.

I heard footsteps coming and that's when I scrambled to the bed. I sat down in the corner, farthest away from the door I could get. I heard fumbling of keys and the clicks on the locks unlocking.

The door opened and since I didn't have light, I couldn't see who it was. The only person I can think of, is either Nick or Lucy. I closed my eyes tight. So tight that it gave me a headache. My breathing increased and I didn't know what to do. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I screamed.

"Mallory!"

My eyes flew open and I was in sweat, tears, and I was shaking.

Everyone was in room. David was right beside me, he was the one who's hand was on my shoulder. Dad was was on the other side of me and he called my name.

The boys were standing up near my bed and Sarah was in the doorway of my bathroom holding Hannah who was crying.

"Why is she crying?" I asked Sarah with a shaky voice.

"She got scared when you started screaming" she said

"What happened?" I asked

"You tell us, you're breathing increased, you started sweating and talking, and then you just screamed. We tried waking you up, but nothing worked" dad said

"It's back" I said putting my head in my hands. I pulled my legs to my chest and started to cry.

Sarah gave me a sympathetic look. "Let's go outside and watch tv" she said to Hannah.

Hannah squirmed out of her grip and came to me, wiping my tears.

"Are you okay?" She asked

I gave a weak smile and imitated her move and wiped her tears.

"I'm good, just a bad dream" I said hugging her. She hugged me back and then I told her to go downstairs with Sarah to watch tv. Her cough was still there, but it sounded better. She obeyed and left the room and then I broke down again.

David wrapped his arms around me and I cried on his shoulder. Dad and the guys came closer to me and sat around the spot I was sleeping on.

"Mal, what happened?" Dad asked rubbing my back.