Chapter 41

Mallory's POV

"Max?" I asked with every emotion hitting me in the face. Anger, sadness, happiness, confused and the list goes on. "W-what are you doing here?" I asked

"I heard what happened to you and I wanted to make sure that you were okay" he said

"How would you know what happened ? We haven't talked since you left" I said

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you're okay" he said coming towards me

"Why" I whispered

"Why?" He asked

I looked at him in the eye. "Why leave and never keep in contact and leave me here worrying on what I did. THEN find out that you've met someone." I said furiously, but regretted it once my rib ached and I winced in pain.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine" I said scooting away from him when he sat on the side of my bed.

"Mal, please don't do this" he said

I got pissed. Actually, more than pissed.

"Me don't this! What about you! You leave and tell me that we're gonna work out and that we would keep in touch and that you loved me, but what did you do! You completely ignored and forgot about me and moved on!" I yelled and started coughing.

I couldn't breathe. Every time I tried, my ribs would hurt like hell. I started to wheeze and I sat up, which was a bad idea. I fell off the side of my bed making my ribs hurt even more and I screamed. I heard a bunch of footsteps coming up the stairs and running in my room. Max was already helping me up and the only thing I was focusing on was trying to breathe and this pain I was feeling.

"Mal, what's wrong??" Dad asked frantically
"What did you do." He gritted through his teeth towards max.

"She was yelling at me and couldn't breathe then fell" he said

"Pain.. Pills" I choked out

He shouted to Jc to get them. He ran to the kitchen and back up to my room handing me the pill.

"Water" I said closing my eyes and trying to breathe. I was sitting on my bed and someone was rubbing my back. I opened them and Jc handed me a bottle of water. I took the pill,  it of course it wouldn't work right away.

If I moved one bit, my ribs would hurt so much, but I needed to lay down.

"I need to lay down" I said really quick so I wouldn't need to talk

I looked to see that it was Max rubbing my back and dad and him carefully laid me down. I but my bottom lip to keep myself from screaming.

Once I laid down, I took tiny inhale and exhales. Finally, my breathing was back to normal and my pills were kicking in.

"I think you should leave" dad said to Max

Max nodded.

"I'm staying for a month. Just please let us talk again when you get better. I really did miss you." He said and walked out

"Are you okay now?" He asked

I nodded my head and he wiped off the tears. Oh, the tears weren't from that fuxkboy, but from the pain.

David came in shortly after with a bag.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly "and who was that coming out of the driveway?"

Dad explained to him and David seemed worried.

"Are you okay now? Do you need anything?" He asked

I shook my head yes for the first question and no for the second. Dad guys left after I quietly thanked them and David carefully got under the covers with me.

"I'm sorry this had to happen" he said looking at me

I turned my head to him and kissed him on the nose.

"Stop apologizing and blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault" I said

He gently caressed my cheek before giving me a light kiss.

"Let's take a nap" he said

"Love to" I said

David got closer to me and I slowly put my head on his chest. The pain killers were doing there job good. I'm just scared for when it wares off.

He gently stroked my arm before I slowly closed my eyes to sleep.

Max's POV

"I went over to Mallory's place like you told me to" I said annoyed

"Good and did you get her worked up?" The man asked

"Yes" I sighed "when are you gonna let me go and make me stop hurting Mallory?" I asked with pleading eyes

The man chuckled.
"Unless you want her dead, I suggest that you cooperate with us" he said

"Why me?!" I shouted and he punched me right in the jaw

"Because she loved you" he said like I was dumb

Loved. As in past tense.

"And we would've still been together if it weren't for you" I said not regretting my attitude towards him. Luckily he didn't punch me, because he punches hard.

"Leave and wait for your next task" he said

I did as told and went to my hotel. I laid down in bed and thought of all the horrible decisions I have been making.

When I left, I saw a dude I didn't recognize. I knew he was close to Mal though. I could just feel like he was close to her.

I sighed and forced myself to try and sleep. But the only thing coming to my mind is Mallory.

____________

Short chapter, but I promise it will get longer. My phone is about to die and I'm at a dinner at my aunties so I'm stranded here with no charger. Sorry!