Chapter 51

Mallory's POV

I woke up and saw the familiar white walls and small portrait that every hospital room has. I sighed and a tear escaped my eye. I know that everyone now knows what i've been trying to hide these couple of months. The door opened and my heart started to race which made my monitor race up. It turned out just to be a nurse and i calmed down.

"How you holding up sweety?" she asked kindly

"Just great" i said with a chuckle and few tears

She came over to me and gave me my food and a cup of water.

"If you need anything just let me know okay? Don't hesitate to ask" she smiled kindly

I don't know why, but talking to this nurse made me calm down and feel like everything was okay. I smiled and thanked her and she left to go to another patients room. The TV was on and i was watching this funny show till someone opened the door again. I thought it was the nurse again, but when i turned my head, it was the guys.

I tensed up and they all came into my room and surrounded my bed. I broke out into tears and dad came to me and held me.

"Im sorry" i choked out. " Im sorry i kept this from all of you, i... i just thought i could handle this on my own and it would go away like the last time" i cried

Dad held me tighter and i heard a couple sniffles and looked up. Everyone was in tears and this is exactly what i didn't want.

"Im not gonna get better... am I?" i asked quietly. I overheard the doctor talking to the nurse and surprisingly, i'm not torn by it. Maybe it didn't hit me yet that i wouldn't be living as long as i wanted. Or maybe i already accepted me going long before i even knew i only had a little bit of time left. Dad finally let go and everyone else came to hug me. None of them were mad that i didn't tell them. Well, maybe they were, but just didn't show it.

I explained to them what i have been doing these past couple of months and how i thought that i was getting better. I looked over and David and he was just looking down at the floor.

"Um, is it okay if i can have a few minutes with David?" i asked everyone. They nodded and said okay and left the room.

it was silent for a minute until he broke out.

"I dont know how i'm going to live without you" he said breaking down

"David... Im still here" i said

"You know what i mean" he said finally looking up towards me

he walked towards me and sat on the side of the bed. i made room for him to lie down and he wrapped his arms around me. "I love you too much Mal" he whispered in my ear.

A tear fell and i turned my head to look him in the eyes. "I love you too David" i said

* a week later*

I've been so moody lately and i don't mean to be. Dad can ask me a simple question and i get so frustrated or irritated and snap back whenever i answer. After i snap back, i feel guilty and then irritated for feeling guilty. My emotions are all over the place and i just wanna lock myself in my room and cry.

Iv'e been in the house all week and didn't want to leave once. Cameron guys are here and i was really happy to see them. They said that they are pausing the tour for now and staying by my side. I really missed them and seeing them made me sooooo happy. Then my friken mood swings came out of no where.

Tonight, David wants to take me out. I told him a thousand times that i didn't want too, and that staying home and watching a movie is perfect, but he insisted that we go out. he said 'you need to get out of the house because your skin is whiter than my a$$'