Chapter 38

David's POV

2 cars pulled up. Conor driving one and Ricky driving the other.

Everyone came out except for Sarah. I got out and told Hannah to stay in.

"I'm gonna make Sarah take Hannah back home" Conor said

I nodded my head and took out Hannah giving her a kiss on the forehead and putting her in her seat in Conor's car.

"Please bring her back" Sarah said with a tear slipped. I nodded my head and she drove off. Then I went over to Conor guys.

"You sure this is it?" They asked

"I know he was gonna take Hannah. This is him" I said and they nodded

"Half of us break through or sneak through the front and the other half goes from the back. Someone have 911 ready. When we know 100% that it's them, then we call 911 right away. Get Mallory and get out. We don't want anyone here getting hurt." Conor said

Everyone agreed and we went in.

The door was unlocked so we walked right in. We heard yelling coming down from the basement I believe so we quickly moved along to find the way down to the basement.

Mallory's POV

"W-why are you guys doing this?" I asked crying

"Because. Your parents didn't pay us, they got us sent to jail, and for fun" John said

"Do you know what it's like to be locked up?" Claire asked

"No shit, I was locked up with my parents and with you guys" I snapped back and She slapped me. Damn what are you doing Mallory.

"well, we're just getting our revenge on you and your parents" they said

"But I hate my parents. Why not just get them?" I asked

"Who says we're not?" They said laughing

John carried me to the wooden chair and brought out a rope that Claire also brought down and ties me up. I had no strength left to fight. I was beaten down pretty good. Then they punched me once more in the gut.

"Just kill me" I cried "I can't take it any longer"

"As you wish" John smirked

He took the knife from Claire and aligned it to my side.

"Nice having fun with you Mal-" John started, but was cut off by... David?

"Let. Her. Go" I heard. I turned my head and it was David with Dad, Kian, Jc, Cam, and Matt.

"David!" I cried out

He took and step closer and I felt the tip of the knife touch my side.

"Take a step closer and I will stab her" John said.

Claire now moved behind john and to the side of me facing the boys.

Then the next thing that happened, happened so fast. I heard a gun shot and a sharp pain.

"Ahhhhhh!" I screamed and things got fuzzier and fuzzier. I looked down and I thought I saw John on the ground and Claire holding the knife handle which was now in my side.

Then I heard another gun shot and Claire was down too.

I felt myself being untied and picked up. I was now being carried and I saw light and winced at the light shining bright onto my face. Then I was laid down into the grass and my head was on someone's lap.

"D-dad?" I choked out

"Shhhh, I'm right here. Listen. You need to stay strong and keep it together. Help is on the way, you here me" I heard him sob

Dad was holding my hand and it sounded like he was on the side of me.

"Please be strong. I can't lose you" I heard David. So I guess he's the one I'm laying on.

I heard more sobs come through and my name being called.

"I-I'm sorry. A-and I-I l-love you guys" I choked out. Blood was now coming out of my mouth and Someone was holding something to my side. Everything was just so fuzzy. I was in pain and I was really tired.

"Mallory don't say that like you're going to die, because you're going to be okay" someone said

I coughed and I winced in pain. My ribs were definitely broken. More blood came out and was dripping out of my mouth.

"I'm tired" I said

"No no no, you gotta stay up." I heard someone say

Then I heard the ambulance truck. Moments later I was gently being picked up and put on a stretcher.

"David, you go. We'll meet you guys down there" I heard dads voice say

"Thank you" David said and I felt him grab my hand as we got into the truck.

A tear slipped out of my eye and I tried looking at David.

"Please tell Sarah and Hannah and whoever is not here that I love them and thank you" I said tearing up more

"No. You can tell them that after you recover" I heard him say with a little sob.

I gripped onto his hand as hard as I could which wasn't really hard. I looked up and soon, black took over me.

"Mallory no!"

David's POV

She squeezed my hand and it loosened and her eyes closed.

"Mallory no!" I yelled, but she didn't wake up

I knocked on the window harshly and yelled that she wasn't waking up.

"We're almost there sir, just sit and hold on" they said

We finally reached the hospital and we rushed inside and they took her into a room. I fell on my knees and began sobbing. Some nurses and a doctor had to come pick me up and take me to the waiting area.

Soon Conor and then came and rushed over to me.

"Where is she? What happened?" They all asked

"She kept asking me to tell everyone thank you and that she loves you and then she closed her eyes and didn't open them. Then they took her to a room" I said

Conor lost it.

"FUCK" he yelled and broke down into tears.

Cameron had to calm him down and they sat down.

"STOP TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN. MY DAUGHTER IS IN THERE BEATEN TO DEATH AND WE DONT KNOW IF SHES GONNA MAKE IT. IVE BEEN THROUGH THIS WITH HER, BUT IT WAS NEVER THIS BAD." He yelled

"sir, if you don't calm down. We're kicking you out" a nurse said

Cameron then took him outside.

I just stayed in my seat and stares at nothing. Everyone was handling it differently. Jc and Kian was quiet. Trevor and Sam were pacing back and forth. Ricky was shaking his leg. Matt and Nash were staring into space with tears rolling down there cheeks. And Carter was looking down at his feet.

Cameron and Conor came back half an hour later and Conor's eyes were blood shot. He took a seat next to me and put his head in his hands. Cameron took the seat on the other side of me and was sitting between me and Nash and he just stared at the ground with tears in his eyes.

We've waited for 6 hours and a doctor finally came out.