Chapter 56

It's been a month and I already don't feel like myself. I can't explain to you what and how I feel, but I can say that it's the most stress and most heart breaking feeling ever. Knowing that your time is coming to an end is the scariest thing ever. But... You learn to accept it and can cope with it better. I'm not there yet. I'm scared. Really scared.

I gasped as I felt my lungs closing in. I sat up and started gasping for air. I knew that David wasn't here knowing he was at work. I collapsed to the floor when I was trying to get up to get Connor.

"H-help!" I tried yelling

I heard footsteps rush in, but didn't see who it was since my head was down and I was just focusing on my breathing.

"Mallory" I hear someone chuckle

I looked up and my eyes widened.

"No..." I choked out

My eyes landed on the figure above me and then my vision blurred as I was swept away in darkness.

I woke up and my breathing was back to normal. I looked at my surroundings and my heart started to race. The familiar surrounding made me sick. I looked at the small bed I laid on and the big window to my left. I looked forward and saw the same desk that I had left here years ago. As my gaze landed on the door, I saw that it had more locks. When I looked back at the window, that's when I saw that there were locks on it as well.

My breath hitched as I heard the doors unlocking. I stood up feeing dizzy, but caught myself and backed up into the corner farthest away that I could get from the door. The door opened and there they stood.... Nick and Lucy. They had a smirk plastered on their faces and had some rope, a knife, a belt, and a duffel bag on the side.

They stepped in and my tears started falling.

"You're supposed to be in jail" I said

"You really think that we wouldn't get out?" Lucy snorted

"As soon as we're done with you, we'll leave. Somewhere where they can't get to us. And you'll be here in a grave... Or just rotting in this house since no one will find you" Nick smirked and my blood ran cold

The boys house wasn't far from here. The last time I was here, I was found by Cameron guys when they went for a walk.

They stepped closer to me and finally was towering above me as I did down hugging my knees and begging for them to leave me alone.

They both laughed as Nick held the belt above his head and whipped it down and it reached my face.

_______

"Mallory!" I heard and I opened my eyes. I was covered in sweat.

"Again?" I asked still panting

David nodded looking at me with softened eyes. I shook my head and sighed.

"I don't know why I'm dreaming about them again" I said

"Maybe you should see a-"

"No" I cut him off "there's no point in spending money on something that I don't-" I started, but he cut me off

"Stop. Please. You need to stop using that as an excuse for everything" David said looking away

"Excuse? David, me dying is not my excuse, but a fact that's going to happen soon" I said getting angry

"You know that's not what I meant" he mumbled

"Then what did you mean? You clearly said that I'm just saying that as an excuse" I said