Chapter 27

Mallory's POV

"That's a wrap!" Lisa called out (david and Mals manager)

I hugged David and we came out of the booth. We just finished our duet together and I can't wait till it comes out. We walked over to Lisa and she told us that we could go for the day, so we hugged her bye and went out to the car. David picked me up this morning so I didn't need to drive.

"I really love the song we did" I said

"Me too" David smiled

We got into the car and David drove to this cute little cafe that just had opened up not to long ago. We got out and I told David what I wanted while I sat down to save a table for us. He came back shortly after and we talked till our food was called out.

So basically from the time I was sick and found out about Max, I wasn't feeling myself. David and everyone else was there for me and I was so thankful to have them, but nothing could cheer me up. After I started to gradually regain myself and here I am with David eating at a cafe after finishing up our song. As of my 'parents' that I thought I saw, nothing has happened so far. I'm still terrified there and I can never go anywhere alone. David is with me 24/7 now. He even spends the night at out house and when he's not, I'm over at his.

"Why don't we go to the art museum today?" David asked

"That sounds good. Haven't been to one in forever" I said

"Great, we can go to the one in town" he said

"Sounds good" I said finishing up my bacon

After we were done, we threw away our food and headed for the car. We got in and went to the museum.

We turned into the museum parking lot and we got really lucky and got a parking. It was packed today. We went inside and I admired all of the pieces of art. David said that before we met, be used to go to a lot of museums and that this was his favorite one. He used to go with his grandpa.

"Let's start from the back and work our way to the front" David suggested

I agreed and grabbed a pamphlet from the people there and we walked towards the back. Everything was so nice and I loved it. Every art represented something. A meaning to a person and I just loved the concept of that. David was basically my tour guide and tile me everything he knew about the arts we saw. He even told me stories about him and his grandfather. I smiled at the stories he would tell because I could tell that it were good memories.

We finally went through the museum and decided to exit the museum. It's only been an hour half so we decided to go back to the house.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick, here's the keys so you can go to the car" David said tossing me the keys.

I caught them and said okay. I walked out and once I reached the parking lot, I forgot where we parked. I finally found our car and walked towards that direction. Until I heard someone walking right behind me. I turned around and there he was. My father. My abusive terrifying father, Nick. Him and Lucy were the monsters I was scared of when I went to sleep at night.

"So how was your swim with the alligators?" He smirked

I didn't know what to do. I was frozen. I couldn't do anything. Nick gripped my wrist and that's when my body moved. I tried pulling back and getting out of his grip.

"Let go!" I shouted

"Shut up." He said sternly

"Help!" I screamed and that's when his fist collided with the side of my face and I fell back with his grip still on me.

I hid my face and that's when I felt his grip let go. I looked up and saw David tackling Nick to the ground. "Don't you ever hit her again! Don't even touch or look at her!" He yelled. By now, people were outside. I even heard someone yell that the police were coming.

Then I saw David fall back and Nick sprung up and hopped in this truck without a license plate that was waiting for him and he was gone just like that.

David came over to me and helped me up. I was still shocked and trying to process what just happened. The police arrived shortly and so did Dad and Sarah since they were in town.

Dad ran up and hugged me till I could breathe. Same with Sarah, but I didn't mind. I told them everything that happened and they hugged David. Also thanking him.

The police also asked me and David questions, and I answered everything I knew. Then the police asked dad guys some questions about Nick and Lucy, so me and David went to the side.

"I'm sorry" David said

I sighed and just hugged him tightly. "Thank you. If it wasn't for you, I would've been dead or taken by him" I said and he hugged me tighter.

"Go straight to the house and we'll meet you there" Dad said

We said okay and went inside the car. We buckled and David started pulling out and started driving. We stopped at a red light and David turned to me.

"Let me see your cheek" he said

"It's fine" I mumbled

"Mallory." He said

I sighed and turned my head so he could see it. He gently touched it, but it still hurt so I moved away.

"I'll get ice when we reach the house so we can ice your cheek" he said

I nodded and laid my head against the window and waited till we reached the house. After 15 minutes we reached the house and we went inside. I explained what happened to the guys when I reached and then went to the kitchen where Hannah was eating ice-cream. David went to the freezer to get ice.

"What happened to your face?" Hannah asked

"I accidentally fell" I said

"And you call me clumsy" she said

"Because you are" I said

"I'm not the one with a purple cheek" she said eating her ice-cream

I heard David laugh and I laughed myself. "Yeah yeah" I said

David came back and put the ice on my cheek.

"Thank you" I said

"You're welcome" he said and kissed my forehead "I'm gonna go home and get clothes to spend the nigh" he said

I nodded and he left. I stayed in the kitchen and Hannah stayed with me to keep me company.

15 minutes, the doorbell rang. "Stay here, I got it" I told Hannah

I went to the door and opened it. "Oh my gawd" I said

___________________

Sorry if this chapter isn't good! I wrote it and it deleted, so I had to re-write it. Anyway, summer break is finally here for me so that means more chapters !