Chapter 20

Mallory's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I sat up and turned off my alarm. I rubbed my eyes and stretched and looked to see it was 6:30 a.m. Shawn was no longer in my room and I wondered if it was all just a dream on what I heard. Maybe he wasn't even in my room. Or was he? Hmm who knows.

I got out of bed and went straight to my bathroom to wash my face. After washing my face, I felt more awake. I brushed my teeth, used the bathroom, then went to my closet.

I grabbed my black crop sweater and my black skirt. I put my outfit on, then went to do my hair. I just decided on leaving my hair natural, so I just brushed it. For my make up, I just did liquid liner with a wing and mascara. Then I put on some of my eos lip balm.

I grabbed my black strap sandals, my purse, phone, and went downstairs. I made sure to check in Cameron's room to see if Hannah was okay before I was gonna leave. She was sound asleep sleeping with her head on Cameron's chest. I quickly took a picture and closed the door. I turned around and bumped into someone.

"Woah, sorry" I said and looked up to see Shawn

"Haha, it's okay" he said "are you gonna go drop off Max?" He asked

"Yeah, I gotta leave now before I'm late" I said

"Do you think I can join? I get to say bye to Max and maybe we can do something after to get your mind off of things" he said

"That sounds good" I said smiling

"Great, just let me wash up. It'll be quick" he said
I nodded and went down to the kitchen and wrote a note to whoever woke up and made sure to tell them where me and Shawn were. 5 minutes later, Shawn came down in a plain black v neck, with khakis, and vans.

"Ready??" Shawn said snapping his fingers in my face

"O-oh right" I chuckled

We went out to shawms rental car, which was really nice. I got in the passengers seat and we headed off to Max's place.

We finally reached and Max was just getting out of the house with a suitcase and duffle bag.i got out of the car and kissed him good morning.

"Need any help?" I asked

"No, I got it babe" he said

We walked to the car and Max put his stuff in the trunk. Then we both sat in the back.

"Hey Shawn" Max said

"Hey Max, ready to go?" He asked

"Yup" he said and we started our drive to the airport.

~~

*Last call to flight 184*

"That's me" Max said

I was holding on to him like my life depended on it since we got to the airport.

"I'm gonna miss you" I said

He wiped my tear and kissed me.

"I'll be back sooner than you think okay?" He said

"Okay" I said

We hugged one last time really tight and then Shawn and Max said bye and gave each other a bro hug.

Me and Shawn waved bye till we couldn't see him anymore.

"You okay Mal?" Shawn asked

I nodded and he wrapped his arm around me and we walked back to the car.

"How about Starbucks to start you off?" Shawn asked

I smiled and nodded my head.

Shawn drove to Starbucks and we got out and went inside. The line was short so we didn't wait long. We ordered our drinks and some muffins and sat at a table.