Chapter 17

(Same day)

Mallory's POV

I woke up still on top of the boulder. I got up and hopped down and decided to head back to the car and try to find a way back home. I took 3 steps and I heard a cry. I stopped in my tracks and looked around me. I followed the cry and that's when I found a little girl, maybe 5 or 6 sitting down and crying. I looked around to see if anyone else was around and there was no one. I walked up to her and bent down to her lever.

"Hey, what are you doing here sweety?" I asked

"I-i got lost" she cried

"Who are you here with?" I asked

"M-y m-mom and dad" she said

"Well come on I'll help you get back to your parents" I said

I picked her up and walked toward the path to try and look around. This girl was tiny and very cute. She reminded me of me when I was young. She reminded me of myself so much that it was scary.

We were walking for about 20 minutes and I saw a group of people. They were in the place that I first found where the builder was. I couldn't see their face since they were far away, but I thought it would be a good idea to go there and see if they knew this little girl.

"What's your name?" I asked while walking towards the group

"Hannah" she said in a cute little voice

"Nice to meet you Hannah, my name is Mallory" I said

"Thank you for being nice to me" she said

"Aw you're so adorable" I said

We got closer to the people and that's when I heard my name being yelled. I squinted my eyes and that's when I realized Shawn was calling my name. I also saw dad guys. They all ran towards me and I put Hannah down and took her hand.

"Mallory! Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened" said Shawn

"Shawn I'm fine. I just-"

"Mallory! Wth!" Dad said interrupting me

Everyone hugged me and I introduced Hannah to them. They all seemed to like her and she seemed to feel comfortable around us. After, I explained to them what happened from the crash, to me falling asleep, to me finding Hannah.

"Let's go, it's getting late and dark" dad said

"What about Hannah?" I asked

"She can come home with us and we can go to the station tomorrow and see if we can find her parents." Dad said

"Okay" I said

I bent down to Hannah's level and took her hands. "Your gonna come with us for the night and we'll look for your parents tomorrow okay?"

She nodded her head and put her hands up so I could pick her up. My arms were already sore from carrying her before, but luckily Shawn offered to take her.

At first she was hesitant but I told her it was okay and she felt more relaxed. Shawn picked her up and we walked back to wherever they left the car.

"We can call a pick up truck tomorrow" dad said

I nodded and we finally got back to the car. There wasn't enough room, so I places Hannah on my lap. Dad already told the guys that I was fine and to meet back at the house.

We finally reached the house and I carried Hannah inside. Once I stepped in I was bombarded with questions and I answered all of them. Finally, they noticed that I was carrying a little girl and I finally introduced them to her.

"Well I'm gonna give Hannah a bath and I'll bring her down for dinner" I said

Everyone nodded and I went upstairs. I set her down and she went to the bathroom. I went to my drawer and got a shirt that I still had when I was 10. I know it's big, but that's the only thing I had. Then I pulled out my old shorts. I went to the bathroom and set the clothes down. She could just use her underwear again since I don't have any for her.

"I'm gonna give you a bath okay?" I asked

"Okay" she said a little scared

"Don't worry, I'll put bubbled in the bath and you can play in it" I said

"Really??" She asked jumping up and down

"Yeah" I said laughing lightly

"I never had a bubble bath" she said

"Well now you will" I said giggling

I started the water and made sure it was warm while she was taking off her clothes. I added in the bubbles and turned around.

"Here, I'll help with your shirt" I said

I tugged the bottom and saw that her there was purple spots on her stomach.

"What happened?" I asked

"My mo- umm nothing" she said

"Hannah, does your mommy and daddy hurt you?" I asked

She started tearing up and I wiped her tears.

"Shhhh it's okay" I reassured her "I won't let them hurt you anymore okay?" I said

She nodded and I put her in the bath. She seemed to calm down and was playing happily in the bath.

"I'll be right back" I said

I walked out of the bathroom and called for dad and sarah. They came into my room a few moments later.

"What's wrong?" They asked

"Hannah had bruises all over. Her mom and dad put them there. I can't let them do that to her again. Not after the way I've been treated by my real parents" I said tearing up

Dad and sarah hugged me.

"We can figure something out" sarah said

"We can talk about this tomorrow. We can have a good time tonight and worry about this tomorrow okay? Hannah seems like a sweet girl and we wouldn't want her getting hurt again either." Dad said

I nodded and they both kissed my cheek and left. I went back to the bathroom and saw Hannah with bubbles on her head. I laughed and rinsed her body and took her out. We changed her clothes and I set her down on my bed. I wrapped the towel on her head and gave her my iPad and put on a movie for her to watch while I took a shower.

I grabbed my phone and saw I had a lot of calls from Max and the guys. I quickly texted Max that I'm okay and what happened. Then I took my clothes and took a shower. When I was finished, I took Hannah downstairs to eat. We all had a good time and everyone seemed to love Hannah.

Then the thought of having her stay here came to mind.