Chapter 33

*4 days later*

David's POV

I'm currently going to the store to pick up some medicine for Hannah. She has a fever and a bad cough. This came out of no where. She was completely fine after the appointment and all of a sudden she gets sick. This all started yesterday when she woke up at 3 in the morning. She started to cough and cough and started to burn up.

Mallory is back at the house with Hannah in her room. Since neither of us want to get sick and we also don't want to leave Hannah alone, me and Mal camped out on the floor.

Hannah wanted Mal to stay with her, so I had to be the one to pick up the medicine. If her fever stays up and her cough is still bad, were planning on taking Mal to the doctor tomorrow. If she's starting to get pneumonia or something, we wanna get her treated as soon as we can do it doesn't get bad.

I finally reached the drug store (nothing like weed, for the immature ones lol) and parked the car. I got out and went inside and went straight to the cough medicines. I found a kids one and then went to see if there were any medicines for reducing a fever. I got ibuprofen and and some fever gels. It's these things you put on your head that's cold so it reduces your temp. My mom used to get these all the time.

After I got everything I needed, I paid and went back to the car.

*back at the house*

"I'm back!" I said coming through the doors of Mallory's door.

"Shut up, she just fell asleep after a cough attack!" Mallory whispered yelled

"Cough attack?" I asked worriedly

"Don't worry, she was fine. She just coughed repeatedly a bunch of times and almost threw up from that. Her fever is 104 and if it gets to 105, were bringing her to the E.R" she said

"Oh and of course" I said

I went to the side of the bed and knelt down where Hannah was facing. I opened the fever gel box and took one out. I peeled the sticker revealing the cool blue gel and gently put it on top of Hannah's forehead. She twitched at first, then went back to her sleeping position before.

"What's that?" Mal asked

"Fever gel, it's cold so it helps with the temperature" I said

"Oh" she said yawning

"Why don't you take a nap" I said

"No, it's fine" she said

"Mal, go to sleep. I'm here now so I can watch Hannah" I said

"Okay" she said and laid back down on our camp out we made. I sat on the chair that Mal had in her room and took out my phone.

Mallory's POV

I woke up because the heat made it impossible to be comfortable. I got up and saw David passed out in my chair. So much for keeping an eye on Hannah. I looked at Hannah and she was still sleeping peacefully in the same position with the gel thing on her forehead. I looked at the time and saw that I only slept for 45 minutes. Hannah had no blankets on her, but she was still sweating. Which was good so she can sweat out the fever. I grabbed my mini fan that I had and plugged it in facing it on Hannah.

I made sure it wasn't directly on her face and that it was rotating thought out her whole body. David woke up right when I took out the fan. He's such a light sleeper that if a door creaked open, he would be the one to jump up and investigate what that was.

"I'm gonna get ice cream and come back up, do you want?" I asked. David was getting sweaty even when he took off his shirt.

"Yes please" he said