Royalty AU Filler Chapter 1

I clench my jaw in order to keep the yaw from exiting my mouth. As a princess, I have had to sit through many of this political-esque meetings with various leaders of the surrounding countries, and it never gets easier for me. I get restless too quickly, and bored even quicker. I'm not cut out for all this kind of talk, but as the princess (the seventeen year old princess at that) I can't skip these meetings. No matter how much I want to.

My older brother by two years, Ace, is sitting next to me, tapping his foot against mine ever now and again. If ever he passes out in the middle of a meeting, it is fine because of his condition. He got that gene from our father, and it pisses me off all the time.

My mother, Portgas D. Rouge, is sitting right next to me at the head of this big table. She looks powerful up there, talking to all the other kingdoms in our alliance. Everything comes so easily to her. She can answer any question without stumbling over her words. She can talk about our father out exploring the seas without choking up. She can do anything she sets her mind to, and I aim to be like her as I continue to learn to be a better princess. With all the kingdoms that are tied to us, I can't make a huge mistake ever.

First there's the family from Konomi Kingdom, consisting of Queen Bell-mére and her two adopted daughters, Nojiko and Nami. She is a strong military woman who will go out on the front lines if need be. Her right hand man is a dude named Genzo, but there is clearly something going on between them from the way they talk and look at each other. The eldest, Princess Nojiko, focuses on the wellbeing of her people, while Princess Nami is more focused on making maps of the cities in the kingdom. With how close our kingdoms are, they are our closest and most trusted allies.

Then there is the Vinsmoke royal family of the Germa Kingdom. King Judge is an intimidating large man who grumbles when he talks, and his wife Queen Sora who is an angel who smiles at everyone and wants to make sure everyone feels welcome. There's the Princess Reiju, the eldest of the siblings, who is a lot more caring than three of her brothers, but normally acts too cool for anyone. Then the Princes Ichiji, Niji, Sanji, and Yonji. All but Sanji are cruel to everyone around them, but Sanji is a totally ladies man that only hurts people that are trying to hurt others. He's always flirting with all the other princesses, which is better than his brothers who bully them. I am somewhat close with Sanji at this point, so I ensure that we stick close with their kingdom.

The Nefertari royal family from Alabasta consist of King Cobra and Princess Vivi. The queen died many years ago not long after Vivi was born, leaving her to be raised by her father and closest advisors. King Cobra has always been a king that will do whatever he can for his people, and those ideals have been passed on to his daughter. She's betrothed to a common boy that has been close to her since childhood, and I am excited for the day their wedding finally takes place. Even with the distance between our kingdoms, because of my friendship to Vivi, our kingdoms are close allies.

Lastly, there is the sisters from Amazon Lily, Empress Hancock, and her younger sisters Sandersonia and Marigold. Empress Hancock is unmatched in beauty, but she comes off as selfish and full of herself. She will do anything to ensure that she gets her way, which annoys me all the time. She also is in love with my knight, even though he never gives her a second glance when she tries talking to him. At least her sisters are not to her level, and I know that they come from a hard background. My mother keeps them close because of the power that the Empress possesses.

"Princess Akari is not looking for a husband quite yet," my mother gently answers.

My head snaps up at the mention of my name, and I am quickly right back in on the conversation.

"She has just reached the age where she might start looking around and coming to me for advice, but I am not going to rush her."

I feel a relieved breath exit my lungs.