Whisky Peak

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

"It reminds we of when you painted the emblem on the flag," I cross my arms, tilting my head as I look at Laboon's head that now has Luffy's messy version of the Straw Hat Pirates jolly roger. "It's cute."

"Okay!" Luffy exclaims. "This is our contract! Don't go ramming into stuff and erasing it before we get back! You have to live so that we can fight again!"

Laboon lets out a small noise of agreement.

"Great!" Luffy widely smiles. "I am going to train harder than ever."

"I can't wait to see you again, Laboon," I smile.

Laboon lets out a happy noise before diving down into the ocean.

"You think he'll keep your promise?" I look up at Luffy with paint all over him.

"He needs something else to look forward to, so yeah, I think he'll keep my promise," Luffy nods. "That means we all have to work hard to get back here to him."

I giggle, "I look forward to it."

Nami's scream pierces the air from her spot nearby at the lighthouse table. She's been planning our voyage forward, but it seems like she's hit a block.

"What's all the racket?" Luffy furrows his eyebrows, looking over at Nami.

"Nami!" Sanji gushes, rushing up from the ship balancing large plates of food in anyway that he can. He's been on the ship making lunch for a while. "I have lunch if that is what is making you frustrated!"

"Perfect, I need some lunch," Usopp wipes sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand as he makes his way up. He has been repairing the Going Merry with the supplies given to him by Crocus.

Zoro must still be sleeping on the ship, which means he's about to miss out on all this great food.

"I can try to help if you want me too, Nami," I take a seat next to her as Sanji sets the food down on the table. "I mean, I can at least give encouragement."

"I don't think you can help with this," Nami groans. "Look! The compass is broken!" She shows the compass needle spinning wildly. "It won't stop spinning like this."

"Ah, seems you came to the Grand Line a bit unprepared," Crocus steps up, grabbing a plate. "Were you planning to throw your lives away? I don't think I've seen a group come through without knowing about how things worked over here."

"Food," Luffy chuckles, reaching for some fish as he sits down next to me.

"You can eat hay," Sanji grumbles, taking the seat next to Luffy.

I grab at some beautifully prepared fish, ready to head what Crocus is going to educate us on.

"What are you talking about?" Nami asks.

"I told you earlier, but there is nothing normal about these seas," Crocus grabs and fills a plate of food. "Your compass isn't broken, at least, not in a way you think it is."

"That what is going on? Are we in a magnetic field?"

"Exactly," he nods. "The many islands of the Grand Line are rich in minerals, so this region is filled with abnormal magnetic fields. To makes matters even worse, the sea and wind currents don't follow any clear pattern. As a mariner, you must know how difficult that is. If you had set sail before stopping her, you would have all surely perished. Without any way to tell which direction to go, your journey is hopeless."