The Golden Bell Tolls

"ENERU!" Luffy bellows. "I'm coming! Give me back the Golden Bell!"

"You're too late, trash!" Eneru calls out to us. "This should be big enough already, so it is now time for you and Skypiea to vanish into thin air! Advent of Thunder!"

The giant black cloud ball beings to crackle as Eneru prepares to use the weapon of mass destruction on the entire sky island.

"Thanks Nami!" Luffy releases his arm from us before using us to give him the boost he needs. He snatches the straw hat from my head before I can even think to grab an hold onto it.

"Hold on a second!" I scream, not wanting to have to plummet down to a cloud again today.

"I'll take it from here!" Luffy gives us a shove to continue on his way up to the ship. Except, it doesn't look like he is aiming for the ship.

"Luffy!" Nami reaches out for him, but it is no use. "The ship is over there!"

"He's not going for the ship; he's going for the giant ball of electricity that is blotting out the sun!" I scream.

"No, Luffy! That thing is a whirlpool of electrical currents and high air pressure! Do you want to die!?"

Eneru laughs as loud as possible. "What can you do against such absolute power, Rubber Man!?"

Instead of words, Luffy lets out a war cry as an answer as the golden ball around his arm connects with the black cloud.

Nami and I land on the cloud platform we just left, scrambling to get into sitting positions in order to look up. There's no way we can miss what is happening. All the hair on my body seems to stand up, and I am in awe at what is happening above us.

"Gum-Gum Firework...Golden Peony!" Luffy's trapped arm starts flying all over the place as it crashes through the black cloud. "We tried super hard to get to this sky island, and I am not going to let your stupid ball destroy it!"

"Holy shit, that is bright," I squint my eyes to try and block out the light that is now taking over the sky. "I can't really see Luffy anymore."

"Why is it suddenly emitting light like that?" Nami asks, raising her arm up to shade her eyes.

"I'm not nearly as smart as others, but I remember that gold is a great conductor for electricity. And I would bet that Luffy thought the exact same thing."

"All of you are going to die now!" Eneru erupts.

"Save Skypiea, Luffy!" I scream the prayer that has been building inside of me.

"Let the sun shine!" Luffy's voice rings out as the giant thunder cloud evaporates into nothing.

"That's what I'm talking about!" I raise both fists to the sky.

"I can't believe it," Nami breathes out.

Without the cloud, Eneru has nothing in his arsenal to destroy the island. Now the only thing he can do is face Luffy head on. The one thing he's been trying to avoid since he sent the boy over the side of his ark. A fight that he knows he can't win.

Luffy chuckles as he spins to now face Eneru. His arm trapped by gold flung behind him as his arm twists. "Hello again! This time it's my turn to knock you off!"

"How dare you destroy the Advent of Thunder!" Eneru glares. "You cursed monkey of the Blue Sea! Now you are indeed angered god!" His body begins to spark with vicious electricity that is building in his body. "Two-hundred Million Volts...Amaru!" His body has completely changed to electricity, and he is a lot bigger than he was mere seconds ago.