College AU Filler Chapter 2

"Well freshman, how was the first week of classes?" Robin asks as the crew settles down to the area in the common area that we've claimed as ours. She's comfortable in a beanbag.

"I think some of them are doing better than others," Franky teases as he places the pizza boxes down on the coffee table before taking a seat on the floor next to Robin.

Sanji is sitting in one of the recliners with Nami on his lap; Luffy, Zoro, and I are sharing the couch; Chopper is lying on his stomach on the floor; Usopp and Brook are sitting on the loveseat. The food smells too good to wait any longer for any of us to get our plates, and it gives us freshman time to gather our thoughts before answering Robin.

"Somehow, in the span of a week, every single person on campus now knows that my older brother is Ace, so I have people coming up to me all the time wanting me to tell Ace that they hope he can bring home the national championship this year," I speak up first. A soft smile forming on my lips when Luffy presses a kiss to my temple. "All the girls want to know if I can put in a good word for them, but I don't think they understand that I don't get to decide who my brother wants to date."

"Or that the only girl he wants to worry about right now is you," Robin teases.

"Like that would deter them in any way," I shake my head. "Then, everyone also knows that Luffy's my boyfriend, and I get a combination of guys wanting to me him and girls that think they are being sly when they talk about their jealousy in my presence. As if Luffy would ever leave me." I take a bite of my pizza. "Other than that, love all my classes."

"There have been a lot of girls that want to sit next to me in the classes I don't have with you, Akari," Luffy says.

"Good thing Zoro and I are with you in all those other classes," Usopp chuckles.

"I don't really pay attention to those girls anyways, so hopefully they'll think I'm rude and leave me alone," he shrugs. "The guys that talk to me about soccer are fine, but it does get a bit annoying. I never thought that I would be looked at like the only thing I can do well is play soccer." He shoves some pizza into his mouth. "Classes are fine."

"What about your meeting with your advisor?" Zoro asks.

I roll my eyes, "Oh, Luffy told me all about that. She saw I was his phone background and apparently got super irritated that I was his girlfriend and not his sister."

"Boa Hancock's your advisor, right Luffy?" Brook asks.

"Yeah, she's been following my soccer career for a while," Luffy places a hand on my thigh. "Told me she requested me as an advisee, but I really don't care. As long as she can help me with class choices, I guess it's fine. Akari's always going to be my girl, so I didn't really pay attention to any of her advances or whatever."

"Well, Akari and I popped in to see our advisor, Shanks, and I can see why Makino has such a crush on that man," Nami chuckles. "They would make a super cute couple."

"I've known Shanks a while since we would come to soccer games to watch the boys, and I'm glad to have him as my advisor," I smile.

"Besides that, I had a lot of Nojiko's sorority friends come up to me and offer to show me around. Even had some freshman girls ask if I had any influence to get them into her sorority. Obviously, I do not, but I'm not going to let them know that quite yet."

"Because they are getting your things?" Usopp asks.

"All kinds of things," she happily sighs. "Coffee, food, gift cards, all kinds of things. I'm trying to milk it for as long as I can before Nojiko picks those who will be able to join the sorority and then the house next year."