A Final Farewell

One second we are all standing around, and the next we are giving against these men that view us as evil incarnate. Except these aren't normal Marines that we are going up against. The first man that Franky punches falls apart into balls; Zoro's opponent turns one of his swords to rust by touching it. Usopp and I are having a terrible time hitting anything, and I know that we don't ever miss our targets. One wrong move and we aren't making it out of here alive.

"What's with these guys!?" Usopp shouts, sending all kinds of Special Attacks at the enemy. "I can't hit them!"

"Same here!" I groan, having to get all my shurikens back with my magnet.

"Be careful!" Franky shouts. "We're up against Devil Fruit users!"

"That goes both ways!" Robin declares her presence as she has her arms sprout on many men to knock them out.

Nami is right behind her, using the Clima-tact's lighting ability.

"Hold on until Luffy gets here!" Zoro orders as he grabs a random sword to replace his ruined one. Then he's rushing to take out more men.

Not every single person has a Devil Fruit, so I eventually find those that can't dodge everything because of their special hidden skill. My ears are ringing with all the swords clashing and feet pounding the stone. I'm already huffing for air, and I don't know how much longer any of us can keep this up.

"Akari, watch my back," Usopp rushes by me to a beam that is sticking out from the destroyed bridge.

"Wait, what for!?" I call after him, but then I spot what he's noticed. "No, Luffy."

Luffy is no longer on his feet and Lucci is.

"Luffy!" Usopp screams.

"Caught you!" a man rushes into my sight, his sword raised above his head.

"Watch out!" Zoro swoops in, slicing two men and keeping me out of harm's way. "Akari, what the hell!? This is no time to space out!"

"Sorry, I just," I glance over at Usopp. My eyes widen to see that he's taken off the mask, dropping the Sniper King persona entirely for whatever he is planning.

"Luffy!" Usopp screams once again.

"You can't watch him, so come on, we'll fight together!" Zoro snaps me out of my trance.

"You're right!" I look away from Usopp. "We still have plenty of ass to kick!"

Zoro and I fall into a rhythm with each other, and I'm glad that he's looking out for me.

"Luffy!" Usopp's voice cannot be drowned out by the fighting. "What are you doing! LUFFY!"

Franky's arm cannon is frequently going off, Robin is sprouting arms over everyone in her sights, and Nami is zapping everyone that gets too close. Zoro is holding off anyone with a sword, so I can hit them with my shurikens where it hurts the most.

"Usopp...you...came!?" Luffy's voice barely travels over to us.

"D-don't get the wrong idea!" Usopp responds. "I came here to rescue Robin! I didn't come here to see your face!"

Zoro grunts as he barely catches a sword before it slices through me.

"Hey, you! CP9's boss cat! I'll fight you! C'mon!"

"Hey...stop that!" Luffy screams.

I swipe the legs out of the man that just tried to kill me, risking a glance back to see Lucci leaving Luffy to go for Usopp. "He's crazy. That man will slaughter him!"