Domestic AU Filler Chapter 1

I hum to the soft anime music playing through the kitchen speaker I have connected to my phone. My hips gently swaying as I flip through my cookbook to find my favorite monkey bread recipe. The oversized t-shirt I'm wearing belonging to my boyfriend, and the Hello Kitty pajama pants my own.

It isn't every morning that I wake up before Luffy and have the chance to make breakfast by myself. Normally on my days off I would opt to snuggle into his chest and fall back asleep, but I had a craving for monkey bread the moment I woke up, so I decided to get started while he snored away.

Luffy and I have been living together in our cute little house for a couple years now, and we've been dating for about eight since right before freshman year of high school. We've known each other our entire lives; my mother set up playdates when we were really little to help out Luffy's father as he traversed doing it all on his own. As we got older, he got closer to my older brother (Ace), and I always tagged along because I didn't want to lose my best friend. Then one day, I was finally cool enough to truly join the boys (with the addition of a boy named Sabo). Even though I tried to act tough, it was clear that all three boys looked at me like a princess that needed protected, and I wanted more than anything to attract the attention of a single boy. Which is exactly what happened once we made it to high school, as Ace and Sabo were on their way out when we became freshman, and we had to figure a lot out in a short amount of time.

Luffy asked me out the summer before our freshman year, during a family vacation to the beach that we've been going on for years with Luffy as my guest and Sabo as Ace's guest. The sun was setting as we sat on towels in the sand, and he blurted out the question knowing that might be our only time alone. It took me a few moments to process his question before I tackled him in a hug with 'Yes' the only thing I could say for a while. The only thing that would make high school better was to find the perfect group to get, which we would do, but for now it's just about the two of us.

Both of us decided that college wasn't for us and dove into working once we graduated high school. He's become a famous streamer, playing video games for thousands of people multiple hours every weekday. Sometimes he's playing alone, other times he'll get his streamer friends for a multiplayer game, and other times it will be the two of us either enjoying a game together or me watching whatever he's playing. I've become the lead baker at a nearby bakery thanks to all the cooking lessons my mother gave me as I was growing up. We've made it into multiple magazines and the local newspaper with the creativity I bring to even the most simple of pastries. My dream is to buy the shop one of these days.

As for Ace and Sabo, they've become successful in their respective professions. Ace is the reason that Luffy started streaming in the first place, having dabbled in it his senior year of high school to combine his love of video games and having the attention on him. He went to college for two years, met some guys that call themselves Whitebeard's Son, and then moved into a house that this man Whitebeard has all over the place. I've never met the man, but I hear he does a lot of good for males that need some guidance in their lives. My brother met his best friend, Marco (a doctor at the city's major hospital) because of a system Whitebeard has in place for older guys to mentor new recruits. Sabo stuck out the four years of college before quickly finding a job as a journalist with the local paper. Until they censored what he could report, and he quit to join the one paper that would let him expose the truth. The Revolutionary, run by Luffy's father, couldn't have dreamed of a better man for the job. It would be through this job that he would meet and fall in love with another journalist, Koala. She's clawed her way from the bottom to be where she's at today, and they wed in secret last year for many different reasons.

I tiptoe around the kitchen, gathering the ingredients for the monkey bread as quietly as I can while Luffy continues to sleep in our room. He could wake up at any time, and then I'll have to deal with him hanging onto me while I try to bake. Not that it bothers me, but it does slow down the process. It's a good thing I'm only making breakfast for the two of us this morning.