Robin's True Wish

The declaration echoes through the air for a moment, and when it fades away I can almost hear the sounds of all the fighting taking place behind us. For the first time since all this chaos began, I'm doing what I can to enjoy this brief moment of peace as I rest against Luffy. Except it feels like there's something in his pocket that is making it not as comfortable as I would like to lean against him.

"Luff, this my be a dumb question, but what the hell is in your pocket?" I sit up, tilting my head to look up at him.

"Huh?" he looks down at me, and then the loudest stomach grumble erupts from him. In the next second he starts to wobble. "Oh, I guess since I had such a workout, ugh, so hungry," he whines.

I jump to my feet, wishing that I could do anything to help him. "Do you want me to go try and find something for you to eat? I'll risk going back down to the city below us to find anything. I'm sure there is food down there. I mean, it looked like all those soldiers we were fighting lived here."

"No, no," he slowly shakes his head. "For times like these, this is why..." He shoves his hands into both pockets before pulling out two large meats on the bone. "I have snacks!" He proceeds to waste no time in stuffing his face, mumbling about how he's glad he got them into his pockets.

I giggle, not even a little bit surprised that he was able to fit some food into his pockets. There's a handful of things that are always on his mind, and what he is going to eat later is always one of them. My burst of joy is cut short when my stomach lets out it's own cry of hunger. "Oh, I guess I worked up an appetite as well."

Luffy, with one hand free after shoving an entire piece of meat into his mouth, reaches into his pocket and pulls out something wrapped in a napkin and holds it out to me. "For you," he manages to get the words out.

"You brought something for me?" I grab the small bundle, opening it to reveal two dumplings within.

He pulls the bone out of his mouth, tossing it into the ravine as he swallows what's in his mouth. "Dumplings for my dumpling, of course. I'd never forget to make sure you're taken care of."

I inhale sharply, quickly popping a dumpling into my mouth to distract me from the fluttering of my heart.

It isn't a secret that Luffy will do whatever it takes to ensure that I am safe and well no matter the circumstances. That he'll do the same for any and all of his friends. That's what makes him the perfect captain and boyfriend. He'll do anything to ensure our safety above all else. No matter what that means for him. For this moment, he snatched a few dumplings that he knew I would need later after an unknown amount of fighting, but it isn't always going to be something small and cute. And that sends a brief flurry of worry through me.

He tosses the other bone away before rubbing his belly. "Delicious. I'm totally revived! Did it hit the spot for you, Akari?"

I crumple the napkin before letting it float away on the wind. The two dumplings were stuffed will filling, easily appeasing my hunger for the moment. "They were beyond yummy, and it was just what I needed to energize for whatever is still in front of us."

He grabs my hand and pulls me to be at his side. Then he looks over at the Tower of Justice and lets out a battle cry that sends a large smile blooming across my face.

"Hey! Bastards! Anyone here! Come on out here, cowards!"

It doesn't even take a minute for an explosion to rip through the air from the Tower of Justice, and then a wall burst out on one of the top floors facing us. Two people are thrown through the hole, luckily being stopped from plunging to their death by a metal fence that blocks the windows at that high level. A few seconds later, both people stand up to reveal themselves. One of them being Robin, and the other being a tall muscular man with little clothing and bright blue hair reaching for the sky.