Protecting the Village

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

With nothing else for us at the village, the five of us went back to the beach to relax until the sun began to disappear. At some point I fell asleep in Luffy's arms, and Nami was sure to tease me about it when I woke up. More about how cute I looked while sleeping, and how she was amazed Luffy didn't move at all as I slept.

Now, we are standing in front of Usopp, ready to answer any questions we have, as he sits on a rock. Luffy has me standing in front of him so he can wrap his arms around my middle.

"Why did you say what you did to those three boys?" I speak up. "Why would you lie to them?"

"Because that's who I am," Usopp answers, resting his arms on his knees. The injury on his armband arm visible. "I am a liar. No one will ever believe me, and I should have known that."

"It doesn't change the fact that pirates are coming," I rest my cheek on Luffy's upper arm.

"Pirates are coming, right?" Nami asks.

"They're coming, yes. But no one is going to believe me!" Usopp takes a deep breath. "They think tomorrow is going to be a normal day. Peaceful like it always is." He bursts up out of his seat, clenching the fist of his none injured arm in front of him. "That leaves it up to me to stop those pirates! To fight them away! Then I can have a real tale to tell! Even if I am a liar, this tale of mine will come true!" He plops back into his seat, like his energy is gone. "They can shoot me in the arm," he holds up his injured arm. "They can chase me away with brooms and other items, but this village will always be my home. I love this village so damn much. I have to protect those people!"

I tenderly smile at the boy as tears have begun to fall down his cheeks.

"There is barely any time to plan," Usopp chokes out, covering his eyes with his hands. "Dawn will be here soon, but I can't just sit by and let these people die."

"That is a noble heart you have there," Zoro grins. "You sent your crew away so that they would be safe, and then you would face the danger alone."

"Then we have to do anything to protect them," I firmly nod, patting my shuriken bag.

"We will do anything to help you," Luffy lets go of me to massage the shoulder of his punching arm.

"Whatever treasure we find, is all mine," Nami gives an okay sign.

"You three," Usopp looks up at us with wide eyes. "Are you really willing to fight beside me? Why?

"You're hopelessly outnumbered, right?" Luffy asks, clenching his hand in front of himself.

"I can't let those sweet boys get hurt," I smirk, thinking of the fighting I will be able to do.

"You look pretty scared, actually," Zoro says.

Usopp jumps up and glares back at us. "Me? Scared? Yeah right! That, that makes me laugh," he angerly chuckles. "Even if I am outnumbered, I will, I will be fine! I am Captain Usopp," he jabs his thumb at himself. "Brave Warrior of the Sea! You hear that!?" Usopp begins to walk forward as his legs tremble.

"It's okay to be scared and need help, Usopp," I sigh.

"Darn," he leans over, pounding his thighs.

No one says anything as we let Usopp work out his thoughts.

"What?" He looks up at us. "Why are you all just staring at me! I have to go up against Captain Kuro's pirates! So what if I am scared!?"