The Question Corner! Part 4

Hello and welcome to the final instalment of The Question Corner for this book! Thank you to everyone that asked a question! I always love seeing what people are wondering about when reading, and I love being able to answer questions of any kind! So, without any more delay, let's jump right into the questions!

First is a question from Hanato0258!

Q: Mmm k yes or no can be good, but is Akari gonna stay with Luffy during the two year time skip or is she going to have her own self discovery?

A: This is such a good question! And I'm going to give more than just a yes or no answer, but it might be a bit vague to avoid spoiling what's going to happening soon. So, Akari won't be training with Luffy, or with Rayleigh, for that matter. Akari gets to have her own journey with gaining mental and physical strength. She gets to work through everything in her own way. And it's one of the things I'm looking forward to writing that will end out this book. But, Akari won't be far from where Luffy will be, so hopefully that gives enough away to get everyone even more excited for the coming chapters!

Next up are a batch of questions from MaybeItsTheMusic!

Q: What made you get into One Piece in the first place?

A: I've been watching anime for a big chunk of my life. Pokémon was my first way back when it was just starting out. I've been reading manga for less time, but it was something that I enjoyed going to Barnes & Noble to check out and maybe buy then or make note of to buy later. I had seen One Piece for a while, and it stood out to me, and I wanted to buy it long before I actually did. In fact, the idea of three volumes in one was what really got me to buy the first one. It meant that I could read more and spend less. Anyways, I read the first three volumes in one afternoon, fell in love, and have never looked back. I started watching the anime with my sister not long after I started reading, and obviously I'm way ahead in the anime than the manga, yet I still love reading because I get to relive certain amazing moments again. Honestly, I only wish that I had bought that first omnibus volume sooner.

Q: What made you want to write a fanfiction for Once Piece?

A: I think that right when I started reading the manga I thought about writing a fanfic. It was literally within the first volume that I fell in love with Luffy and that's really all it takes for me to want to write a fanfic. Once I started watching that anime, that's what really made me want to truly sit down and start writing. Akari was born in my brain something in between there, and it was clear that she was made for a fanfic that I had barely started to think about. The only thing standing in my way then was a title, how to start the story, and if it was going to follow the manga or the anime. I picked manga for the ease. I've written fanfics that follow anime before, and it is a bit of a struggle for me. After that I spent quite a while thinking of a title, because I don't like writing stories without titles. And then I just had to some up with a couple good first lines to draw readers in. And now, here we are, a couple years later, with the timeskip in sight, and I honestly can't believe I've spent this long on a single story, and I'm not tired of it at all! I'm still so excited for all that's still to come! :D

Q: Favorite books, movies, and video games?

A: Oh, this is a fun question! Okay, I'll list like 5 to 10 for each of the three categories, and it's not an extensive list. I love so much in all those categories, but this will be a fairly good sampling.

Books:

-The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown

-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

-The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

-Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Series by Ransom Riggs