The Traitors: CP9

When we reach the front door, Zoro and I bust it down in order for the four of us to rush in. With no real direction, we just head for the stairs since Luffy probably flung himself into an upper-story window. One thing is certain, that whoever is going after Iceburg has gotten into the building with the number of unconscious men littered everywhere.

"I bet the people that hurt these guys didn't say sorry," I say, but the teasing tone of my voice doesn't carry.

"We may be pirates, but we have no reason to hurt innocent people," Nami sighs. "I know you two did what had to be done, but you were still hitting hard."

"They were attacking us!" Zoro grunts.

"Akari and Zoro strong and kept all those angry men away from us, and that is what matters most," Chopper says.

"Thank you, Chopper," I coo.

"Just focus on getting to Iceburg!" Nami snaps. "Hopefully we find Luffy on the way."

We climb the stairs two at a time, reaching the third floor in seconds. Then we are rushing back into the hallway where even more men are lying around unconscious. At the end of the hall is a large, closed door that looks promising with the number of people lying around outside. There are also a handful of chairs, now unoccupied, that must have been where the strongest were sitting to protect Iceburg.

"There!" Nami points ahead of us. "That door in front of us has to be it!"

"There's a lot of people lying in front of it!" Chopper adds.

"Now, go straight! Akari, Zoro, crash through the door!"

"Roger that!" I chuckle.

"Don't order me around!" Zoro snaps.

It only takes about fifteen more seconds to get within striking distance of the door. Zoro pulls out two of his swords, and I brace myself to kick through the wood. The second that we are demolishing the wood in front of us, a battle cry that can only belong to Luffy fills the air, and I watch him crash through the wall with the shipwright Paulie close by.

"Where's Robin!?" Luffy shouts.

"Luffy!" Robin snaps.

"Luffy!" I happily cheer.

"Luffy!" Zoro scolds. "Where the hell have you been all this time!?" He quickly sheathes his swords.

"Robin!" Chopper calls out. "It's so good to see you again!"

"What...what's going on here!?" Nami gasps.

I take a few precious seconds to look around the room. Kaku, Lucci, Kalifa, and one more large man are dressed in fancy clothes, with Lucci being the only one of them not wearing a cape of some sort. They don't look like the kind and helpful shipwrights that we met on the first day, which sends a pit settling in my stomach. I'm sure the masks on the ground belonged to them in order to hide their identities until the right moment. Iceburg is on his stomach on the ground barely able to lift his head up. Robin is standing in front of him, having changed since I've last seen her, but only the white cape with tassels on the hood is visible. Luffy is fuming as he stands on wall rubble, and Paulie is next to him with blood on his face.

"Robin!" Luffy bellows. "I finally found you!"

The tension could be cut with a sword as not a single soul in the room says a word. It is Iceburg who breaks the silence.