The Flying Fish Riders

"Hatchin!" Camie exclaims.

"So, about those fritters," Luffy widely smiles as if he didn't just hear the horrible situation that Hachi is in.

"This is no time for snacks!" Sanji and Franky shout as they punch Luffy in the back of the head.

"Luff, her friend is in trouble," I step up to Luffy, grabbing one of his hands with both of mine. "I know that you want those fritters, but we're gonna have to work a little more before we can get them. Can you do that?"

Luffy sighs, pushing his bottom lip out, "Yeah, I can do that."

"Good," I press a kiss to his bottom lip, getting him to break out into a smile once more.

"Wait a minute," Nami hums. "This 'Hatchin' who was on the Transponder Snail just now, I feel like I know his voice! It's probably my imagination...it couldn't be..."

"Are you okay, Nami?" I turn to the girl.

"Yeah, yeah," she waves me off. "I just have a weird feeling about who was on the Transponder Snail, but I'm probably wrong. Voices can sound more similar over those things."

"I'm sorry, Luffy-chin, but can we postpone the octopus fritters I promised you!?" Camie pleads. "I have to go save my friend right now!"

"Hey!" Nami exclaims. "Just a sec, Camie! I don't mean to interfere, but if you're going to save your friend who's been caught, we'll help you. To be precise, these guys will help you," she motions to the rest of us.

"What about you!?" Usopp and Franky snap.

"In exchange," she leans forward to be eye-level with Camie, "you can teach us the way to get to Fish-Man Island. How's that?"

"Huh? Are you sure, Nami-chin!?" Camie widely smiles. "You'll really help me rescue Hatchin, Luffy-chin!?"

"Sure," Luffy places a hand on his hip. "But who is this Hatchin?"

"Since when do you care about who we have to deal with?" I chuckle.

"Hatchin's the owner of the octopus fritters shop where I work!" Camie answers. "He makes the best tasting snacks in the world!"

"All right people!" Luffy empties his lungs. "Listen up! We're gonna rescue the octopus fritters, even if it kills us!"

"RIGHT!" Usopp, Sanji, Franky, and Brook scream in reply.

"You guys will really do anything for food," I laugh. "I'll do whatever I can too!"

"See?" Nami chuckles and takes a seat next to Camie. "They agree! Do you know the location?"

"Well..." Camie pulls a map out of her backpack.

"Grove Forty-Four is just east of the Archipelago," Pappagu says. "If you set a straight course due west towards Sabaody Archipelago, you should run straight into it five kilometers before the Archipelago Proper. After that, we can ask the fish for directions."

"Ask the fish?" I ask.

"That's right!" Camie stands up and jumps to the railing to look out at the sea. "We'd better hurry! Hey!" She makes a sound that reminds me of a whale song, but it's a bit different.

Luffy grabs my hand and rushes us over to the railing to look at what is causing all the splashing.

A dozen or so large fish have come to the surface, and they're making a similar noise back to Camie.