Noland the Liar

Outside, everyone is looking at us knowing exactly what happens. That the boys let Bellamy and his crew beat them up. That they didn't even try to fight back. What they don't know is the promise that was made when we walked into town. If these boys had the chance, they would have taken those guys out without breaking a sweat.

"The Sky Island does exist," the man's voice that was arguing with Luffy back in the bar fills my ears.

I turn to see the large man with a wide smile that shows many missing teeth, a crooked nose, hair chest, long thick wholly black hair that goes past his shoulders, and a scruffy black beard sitting in the middle of the road.. His white button-up shirt is fully open with the sleeves rolled up, green trousers with a black line pattern, a yellow sash around his waist, and black boots with large bronze buckles.

He chuckles, "These cherry pies really are the best."

"You..." Nami says as she drops Zoro.

"What do you want?" I ask as Luffy slips from my hold.

"Why are you so upset? Your friends won that fight for sure," he says.

"What are you talking about?"

"Both of you had great comebacks as well," he nods.

Luffy and Zoro stumble to their feet without saying a single word. Zoro glances back at the man while Luffy places a hand on top of his head to fix his hat.

"The new age they spoke of back there is rubbish! The age of prates dreams is over!?" He raises his hands to the sky as he laughs "Peoples dreams don't ever end! Ain't that right?"

The people that surround us start to laugh and taunt, but I'm only focused on what this man before us has to say.

"It isn't easy to be great! Let them laugh! Let them all laugh. If you're aiming for the top, you don't need to fight with your fists to show the might within you!"

"Let's go," Zoro spits out blood.

"I won't keep you," the man stands up. "You must be in a hurry." He takes a sip from the bottle in his hand. "I hope you make it to that Sky Island, boy."

Luffy grabs my hand and starts to drag me away from town. His hand sticky with blood that sends a shiver through me. Zoro is right next to us as we walk away.

"Hey, wait," Nami rushes to keep up. "Maybe he knows about Skypiea and how to get there. I wonder who he is, though."

"He's not just one guy," Luffy says.

"Just one guy? What do you mean?"

"There's more than one," Zoro says. "I think, at least."

"Was somebody with him?" I ask.

Neither Zoro or Luffy answer my question as we continue to leave town. None of us really saying anything as we make our way back to the ship to let the others know that we still have no clue on how to make it to the island in the sky.

"Akari, maybe you were right," Luffy quietly says.

I giggle, "Right about what?"

"That you have to prove yourself to others. Prove that you are strong and that you can take care of yourself. Those guys back there," his jaw clenches.

"I expect it now," I shrug, giving his hand a squeeze. "That little speech you gave about proving myself made me realize how right you were. All I need is to believe in myself, which I do. I do believe that I can kick ass because I keep doing it when I can. Those guys back there made me angry, sure, but I've dealt with it before. I'm not going to let anyone buy me, and the only person I want to stand next to is you. People like them, they'll get in trouble before long."