Long Ring Long Island

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

After about a week in the sky, I've almost forgotten what the Grand Line is actually like. There might not be any faux gods with their pitiful underlings trying to destroy and entire civilization, but there are plenty of other monsters that are out to kill us at every turn. The Grand Line is feared for a reason. Even when the monsters are kind of goofy looking, like the Sea Monkeys that are staring us down with their goofy smiles.

"Don't smile back at them, Luffy," I groan. "You're just going to make them angrier."

"They're the ones that create the tsunami, right?" Luffy asks, still copying the smile of the Sea Monkeys.

There isn't even enough time for me to answer before the Sea Monkeys create a giant wave behind us that will overtake us if we don't get moving. It has only been a day since we touched back down into the Blue Sea, and we've been making our way towards the next island that the log pose is pointing us towards. We have no clue how long it will take, so we are all enjoying time out in the sun while this happens.

"Run away!" Chopper screams. "It's the Sea Monkeys!"

"They're here again!" Usopp bellows.

"Nami! There's no wind!" I start running towards the main mast.

"Pull up the sail!" Nami orders. "We'll use the paddles to get moving!"

I quickly pull the main sail up while Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Chopper (in his Heavy Point form) get the paddles out and start to get us moving. Usopp is up in the crow's nest looking out for any other danger we need to avoid with binoculars. It really is amazing how well-oiled we are as a team when the time comes for us to get work done.

"Emergency! Emergency!" Usopp calls down to us. "Another ship at twelve o'clock!"

"Whoa, another ship out here?" I lean back against the main mast, keeping out of the way of the boys paddling.

"Enemies!?" Luffy asks.

"No...on that ship...there is no flag, and not even a sail!" Usopp replies. "What kind of ship is that?"

"They don't have anything?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Why are they even on the sea!?" Luffy snaps.

"I don't know, but the sailors look...kind of strange," Usopp says. "They are all just sitting on the deck looking disheartened. It's like they all got killed spiritually!"

"They're going to get themselves actually killed if they don't get out of the way of the wave that will swallow them!" I shake my head. "Idiots!"

The paddle boys get us sailing right by the enemy ship, and Luffy rushes over to the side in order to inform them of the impending danger.

"Hey! You guys, the wave and Sea Monkeys are coming! Turn around now before you get swallowed up!"

In the next moment, all the crew on the ship starts screaming at each other with what they believe they should do. One wants to rob us, another wants to dodge the wave, another wants to attack us, yet another says that they can't be commanded. They are a disorganized mess of a crew. Almost like they don't have a captain to decide what their best course of action should be. All they can do well is argue with one another.

"What is wrong with them?" I shake my head.

"That ship lacks discipline," Luffy says as he gets back to the paddle with Sanji and now Usopp.