A Promise not to Fight

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

"I don't know what you like so much about being on the figurehead, but it seems too small for both of us to be up here," I turn to look back at Luffy as he is lying down with me sitting in between his legs.

"There's plenty of room for both of us," he places his hands behind his head. "I also like you being up here with me. This is my seat, and I want to share that with you."

I look away as my cheeks burst with heat. "If you say so," I mumble.

"How much longer until we reach the island?" Chopper asks from his spot on the railing right next to us.

"I'm sure we must be close now."

"What do you think this island will be? It would be nice if it was one we haven't seen before." Luffy asks.

"Hm, fall or spring, which one would be better?"

"I bet it's an island of springtime," Luffy hums.

"Not too hot, not too cold," I run both my hands through my hair.

"It is really nice right now," Chopper swings his little legs. "Warm but with a breeze."

"Do you like spring, Chopper?"

"Yeah, I like spring," he looks up to the sky. "I think that the seagulls like it too."

In the next moment, three seagulls full onto the deck right in front of us. All three of them dead from what could only be gunshot wounds.

"They've been shot down!" Chopper screams, hopping down to rush at the birds.

Luffy jumps up behind me, wrapping his arms around my middle before jumping down on the deck. "We can throw them on the grill! Hell yes!"

I giggle, "It is incredible that you can think about meat when it is clearly important that we figure out what the hell just shot those birds down."

"I didn't hear any gunshots!" Usopp calls from the crow's nest. "That can't be right!"

"Look!" Chopper holds up a bullet in his pincers. "This is a bullet! And judging from the direction they were flying, the shooter has to be straight ahead!"

Luffy releases me from his hold as soon as Chopper steps away from the dead birds, picking them up by their legs to show off. "Sanji! Seagulls! Look at these seagulls!"

"Are you trying to tell me that we are being attacked from an island that isn't even in our sights?" Nami walks up to Chopper, holding her hand over her eyes to look out in front of us.

"I saw it happened!" Chopper defends.

"Put those birds down!" Sanji orders. "I'll take care of them myself!"

"Ugh," I roll my eyes, walking over to where Zoro is walking up to check everything out. "What do you think, Zoro? Are we close to an island?"

"If that monkey was talking about his territory, then we should be close," Zoro crosses his arms. "Whoever shot those birds must be incredibly skilled. He killed them instantly with one shot."

"I guess so."

"What's this?" He lifts my right arm up to check out the bracelet that Luffy gave me.

"How did you even notice it?" I chuckle, pulling my arm away.

"I pay attention to things that I want," he shrugs. "Now, what is it?"