Luffy and Akari Fight Together

"Those damn soldiers," he huffs. "Damn it! They just keep coming! Now I'm stuck here!"

"Luffy!" I exclaim, pulling his attention away from the soldiers.

His head snaps over to look at me, the frown instantly turning into a smile. "Akari! Why are you here?"

"I wanted a moment to figure out how to find you, but it looks like I don't have to worry about that anymore," I laugh.

He crouches on a branch, reaching over to cup my face. "We've spent so much time together, we think alike sometimes." He leans over to press a hurried kiss to my lips. "We have to figure out how to get away from those damn soldiers."

"It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something," I grin, pressing another quick kiss to his lips.

"Send half of our men to the front gate!" a man orders.

"They're leaving?" Luffy questions as we look to see a large group of the soldiers walking away.

"The pirates have breached the gate! We must stop them!"

"Thank the seas, they've made it!" I cheer.

"Great, now this should be fun!" Luffy smiles. Then he wraps his arms around my waist before leaping from the tree to the top of a nearby stone wall.

The next second, the tree explodes in flames from the blast of a bazooka. Another second in that tree and we would have been burnt to a crisp.

Luffy grabs my hand, intertwining our fingers, and then we are rushing off.

"Damn it!" the man who tried to take us out screams.

"Missed us, suckers!" I stick my tongue out at the men.

"You missed!" Luffy taunts.

"They're over there!" someone announces, and then the shooting at us starts back up.

"Damn, you were right, they just won't stop!" I shout, wanting to feel anger towards those attacking us, but the adrenaline flowing through my veins makes it hard.

"It doesn't matter how many of them they throw at us, we will make it to Robin, and we won't let them throw her life away," Luffy firmly states. "How are you feeling, dumpling?"

"Like I can take on the world with you by my side. We may have some scraps and cuts, but we aren't going to stop having come this far."

"That's my girl," he chuckles. He tugs me into his side, and I wrap my free arm around his neck knowing that we can't stay up on the roof for much longer. "Care to fight some more soldiers on the way?"

"I don't think I'll ever turn down a fight again."

Without another word, we leap of the roof, bracing ourselves for when we land on the ground. Luffy's rubber legs can take more of an impact, so he scoops me into his arms while we sour through the air. The second his feet have touched down, he tosses me out of his arms so the two of us can get back to running. By now, the Marines and World Government officers have spotted us again, and they aren't underestimating our strength anymore.

"As much as I don't want to let go of your hand, I need both to punch," he releases my hand.

"I need both too, so it all works out," I grin, pulling some shurikens out.

He lets out a war cry as we come into contact with the soldiers once again. "Get out of our way!" His punches aren't flying, but each one has enough strength to take out multiple men.