Domestic AU Filler Chapter 2

"Hey Akari, there's a customer at the front asking for you," Yoko, my coworker, pokes her head into the kitchen. "He said that he won't order from anyone that isn't you."

I softly smile, setting down the pipping bag that I've been using to decorate brownie squares with icing flowers. "Is that so? A regular customer then?"

She chuckles, knowing that I've figured out who it is. "I'll send Rika in to finish the brownies, and the rest of us girls can handle the front so you can take a lunch."

"You are all the sweetest." I wipe my hands off on my apron before untying it.

"We're blessed to have you as an amazing manager, so it is only fair to pay you back in the best ways that we know how."

I hang my apron up on the hook, "It is easy when I work with such amazing girls all the time."

Yoko smiles, bowing slightly before disappearing from sight.

I check that I don't have any icing on my clothes before heading out to see my guest that has graced my afternoon.

Luffy is standing at the edge of the counter with a patient smile as his fingers drum across the counter. The straw hat Shanks gave him years ago sitting perfectly on his head. There's plenty of girl customers sneaking glances at him, but he couldn't be more oblivious to their stares.

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" I smile, stepping into Luffy's gaze to snap him out of his thoughts.

"To start, I'd love a kiss from the most beautiful girl, followed by her joining us for some lunch," he reaches across the counter to grab my hand. "Even though you say it every time I come to visit you are work, I'm not sure that I will ever like being called sir."

"It does feel a little strange to call you sir, but for the sake of the joke, I won't stop."

He quickly leans over to capture my lips in a sweet kiss. "Hopefully that gets the girls to stop looking at me, and we can have our lunch in peace. Come on, Zoro and Usopp are waiting at the booth."

Without letting go of his hand, I skip around the counter, and then he leads me over to a booth in the back where the two boys are already chatting and eating the sandwiches there were brought. Each of our favorite drinks from here are also already on the table.

At least once a week Luffy will stop by, usually with one or two of our friends in tow, in order to have lunch with me at work. It helps him get out of the house to get various errands done, and we get to spend an hour together. With how close we are, it is hard not being able to spend every single hour together, so I cherish every single one of these lunches. Even if some days I wish I didn't work and could stay home all the time with Luffy, I know that it is good for both of us to have a few hours during the day apart. Plus, once I get the chance to buy this establishment, I won't have to work nearly as many hours.

"Good afternoon, boys," I smile, sliding into the empty side of the booth first.

"How's your day going, Akari?" Usopp asks, popping a few chips into his mouth.

"I've been working in the kitchen all day, so it has been a fun day so far. We'll have to try the brownies I made for dessert."

"You always make the best treats," Luffy slides in next to me, quickly grabbing a sandwich to devour.

"That's why she can't let you test her new concoctions because you'd just say that it is great," Zoro chuckles.

"I could burn a cake and give it to Luffy," I scoot closer to the boy as I unwrap my sandwich. "He'd still tell me that is was the best cake that I've ever made."