Chapter 22: Behavior

~Third Person PoV~

"Get the sorceress." Asch demands, coolly, looking to Pierce. "I'll get the human."

As Pierce gives a nod and leaves the living room, Rhys steps forwards. "Your majesty, the humans are still asleep, you remember what happened last time we tried to wake them, don't you?" The dark blue-horned Daemos recalled the group getting to a late start because they had woken (Y/n). He almost felt... bad about it.

"I don't care." Asch growled. "The humans have failed to assimilate us into human culture and I have grown tired of waiting." He turned away from his advisor and made his way to (Y/n)'s bedroom.

"But shouldn't we wake Noi first?" Rhys objected again.

Asch rolled his eyes. "Leif. Wake Noi and bring him here."

Leif stood up, albeit reluctantly, but complied and phased out of the room and to Noi's chambers. Asch glared back to Rhys before opening (Y/n)'s door. "If you want our mission to succeed, you'd stop interrupting me. I wouldn't want to have to consider you a traitor."

Rhys swallowed hard and stepped away from Asch, no longer wanting to speak back. As insolent and reckless as Asch could be, he understood his power and his place in Daemos society very well. Truly, he was no idiot, he was probably more qualified to rule than his brother. But that would never be so... all he could do was fight for this mission and pray to the gods he would succeed.

~Asch's PoV~

"Pet-" I immediately stopped speaking, finding Noi in the human's chambers with them. The two laid in bed, side-by-side. Noi's arm was draped over their waist and his other hand busied itself, playing with their hair. He hadn't noticed me in the room yet, but I was fuming. He was going to pay. "Noi!"

Noi jumped out of bed, collapsing to the floor. "H-Huh?!" The impact of his body hitting the floor seemed to wake (Y/n) and they propped themself up on their forearms.

I ignored them for now, instead glaring at Noi. "Get out. Now."

"B-But, Prince As-"

"Now, Noi!" I growled. He, in turn, scrambled to his feet and fled the room. "Weak..." I muttered under my breath as he left.

(Y/n) sat up, fully, rubbing the sleep out of their eyes. "He's still better than you..." They said.

My body went stiff. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me..." They said, slowing getting up from their bed. "Noi is a sweetheart and has manners and is really helpful. And if your really want to blend in with us, you'd act more like him."

I raised an eyebrow at them. "Why would that work?"

"Because most humans are naturally emotional. If you act as cold and rude as you do now, people will think you're just a trashy person..." They replied, plainly. "It wouldn't help anyone trust you and the others, really. I think that'd be your goal, right?"

A low growl lingered in my throat, but I couldn't deny that they were right. Damnit, stupid smart... cute human... Part of me even enjoyed hearing them speak their mind, they were usually so... compliant. Good to know you have some fight, little human...

"Fine then. You can be the one to teach us your 'human manners.' But if you fail, I won't hesitate to get rid of you."

~(Y/n)'s PoV~