Chapter 10: Siren Song

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        I laid on the couch for a few minutes after Ava left, just staring at the ceiling and contemplating the recent events in my life. Demon- Daemos from another world were holding me and my best friend prisoner in our own home. It feels like it's been going on for a long time, though it's only actually been a day...

        God, I need to call my sister, she can stabilize me... or just think that I lost my mind within the first week of being back home... damnit.

         I glance back down just in time to see Rhys walk through the wall. That's- why am I still acting surprised by this stuff?

        I sit up and pull a pillow from the couch out from behind me and hold it over my face, just in case I start screaming. I didn't expect the real world to be so stressful. Of course, I also didn't anticipate having Daemos from an alternate world living in the apartment, so...

        "What are you doing?" A voice pulls me out of my hassled thoughts and I pull the pillow away from my face. The Daemos with the green horns is standing the wall that Rhys walked through, leaning against it with his arms crossed.

        Great, I get to be alone in a room with... whatever the hell his name is!

        "Aren't you supposed to be helping Rhys?" I question him.

        "He doesn't need my help yet." He says with a small shrug. "Why don't want me to leave?"

        God, what I wouldn't do to wipe that smug-ass smirk off his face....

        "Trust me, you couldn't leave fast enough." With those words, I chuck the pillow across the room at his face. To my dismay, he catches it and throws it to the ground at his feet. I sigh, pulling my legs to my chest and resting my chin over my arms.

        "What's with the face?" He asks, standing up straighter.

        I look up at him, raising an eyebrow. "Why do you care?"

        "I don't." He states, matter-of-factly. "You're just making the same kind of face Rhys makes when he's had it with us."

        I almost laugh. "That's a... pretty accurate description of how I'm feeling right now." I say, a forced smile tugging at the corners of my lips. The room falls into silence for a minute or two before I speak again. "Now that I think about, you're the only one of you who's name I don't know yet."

        "Huh?"

        "I've been listening to you guys talk and I've learned you names, for everyone besides you of course. So, uh... what is it?"

        He hesitates before the word leaves his mouth. "It's Leif."

        I nod. "Leif... got it."

        His face flushes slightly and he turns his head to the side. "You... said it." He mutters, almost quiet enough for me not to hear.

        ...Okay?

        We fall into awkward silence again, so I stand up and stretch. "I'm going to take a shower. If either of you go in there while I'm in there, so help me God, I will kill you both myself, understood?"

        Not wanting to take any chances, he just nods and goes back to leaning on the wall. I walk out of the room, locking the bathroom door behind me and turning on the water.

        I close my eyes tightly and massage my temples before stepping in and standing under the hot water. The rhythm of Love in the Dark by Jessie Reyez comes out of my mouth in a hum as I scrub shampoo into my hair. And before I realize what I'm doing, the humming turns into full on singing, the sound echoing off the walls with the white noise of the falling water in the background.