Chapter 39: Holding You Again {Noi's Route}

~Third Person PoV~

Noi peaks into (Y/n)'s bedroom, trying to be as quiet as possible. Upon seeing them laying still in the dark of their room, he felt his anxiety spike and he scurried to their side. He kneeled at the bedside, examining their sleeping face, and he released a sigh of relief when he saw they were still breathing.

He shifts to lay on the edge of the bed, watching their slow, steady breaths. It brought him peace to know they were actually okay, to know they wouldn't die on him. He also couldn't deny that he liked the way they looked when they were relaxed too. Especially since they had been so stressed when they were last conscious.

Still, even watching them didn't free him of his fears. Hesitantly, he reaches for their hand, and just as he makes contact, they begin to wake.

"A-Ah!" He gasps, nearly falling off of the bed.

(Y/n) shifts, closing their eyes a bit tighter as they search in the darkness for the missing warmth of his hand.

~Noi's PoV~

(Y/n) kept their eyes closed as they pat around their bed. Are... are they looking for me? Do they know I'm here? I hope they aren't angry...

Their hand continues to feel around until they set it on my chest and I feel my skin burn up at their touch. They let out a quiet, confused-sounding hum at the contact, and their eyes slowly begin to flicker open. "Mm... N-Noi?"

I tense up, not wanting to meet their eyes. M-Maybe they'll just go back to sleep...

They give my shoulder a small squeeze, speaking up again, their voice a bit lower than usual from just waking up. It sounds... kind of nice like that. "Noi, what are you doing? And wh-why are you in my bed...?"

"I-I'm so sorry, Prime (Y/n)!" I quickly sit up. "I-I didn't mean to bother you, I just wanted to make sure you were okay! I've been so worried since you fell, I was worried you were going to die!" I shake my head, moving away. "I can leave now if you-"

I'm cut off by their hand tugging at the sleeve of my human shirt and I look over to them. They're gazing up at me and for a moment, I don't even notice that they're trying to pull me closer to them.

"Don't leave..." They mumble. "It's alright... it was actually really sweet that you were so worried, but I'm promise I'm okay. Still tired, but okay..." A small smile appears on their lips and I feel my knees go weak. "Besides, you make me feel... calm."

"I-I do?"

"Yeah... so lie down again. I don't mind you staying for a while..."

I slowly lay back down, a bit closer to them then I was before. They loosen their grip on my shirt, but their hand still rests against my chest and I wonder if they can feel how quickly my heart is beating as much as I can! How are you doing this to me...?

A long moment passes of me laying beside them. Their pretty eyes close again, but I can tell they aren't asleep because their finger traces small circles on the fabric of my human shirt. Chills run up my spine and suddenly I'm reluctant to leave them at all.

"P-Prime (Y/n)?" I speak up, hoping I'm not disturbing them. "C-Could I... could..." I can't seem to get the question out and I feel my face growing somehow hotter than before.

"Are you alright, Noi?" They peek over at me, only opening one eye. Their face is so... c-cute...

I look down. "I... n-never mind..."

(Y/n) inches a bit closer to me. "No, no, tell me... it's okay."

"I-I... well... I wanted to ask if I could... h-hold you again? L-Like last time?"

"Last time?" (Y/n) asks. "Ah, that's right..." They smile softly, their face tinting noticeably red even in the dark. So cute...! "Well, if... if you'd like."

I inch closer to them quickly, draping in arm over their frame. "Thank you..." I whisper, bringing them closer to me.

They only nod in response, laying their head against my chest. My face must be bright red right now, I know it has to be. Even (Y/n) has the slightest pink tint on their cheeks. Hopefully, it's too dark for them to see me like this...

We lay in silence for a while and I'm almost convinced that they've fallen back asleep in my arms, just like before, and the thought makes me feel dizzy. However, I feel them shift around and they look up at me with glossy eyes. "Hey, Noi...?"

"Yes, P-Prime (Y/n)?"

They let out a small sigh. "First of all, you don't have to be so formal, just calling me (Y/n) would be fine..." They murmur. "Second, I... really hope you're not being so formal or this sweet because I yelled at you guys earlier. Because that was really out of line for me, you guys wouldn't have known any better if I-"

I manage to cut them off as I hold onto them a little tighter. "Y-You don't have to apologize!" I quickly object. "I was just so worried about you and Princess Ava..."

(Y/n) seems to relax a bit at that, but at the same time, they look a bit sad. "Right... Ava..." Did I say something wrong?

"Pri- (Y-Y/n)... when I saw that you had collapsed, I d-don't think I've ever been so scared in my life..." I admit, softly. "N-Not even of the things on Daemos. B-Because... you're m-more important to me than..." I trail off when their eyes meet mine again and they wrap their arms snuggly around me in return. "(Y-Y/n)?"

They bury their face against my chest, but I notice the way their eyes flutter as their head goes down. "I-I'm not going anywhere, okay?" They whisper. "You have nothing to be afraid of..."

I want to say something back, but the words don't come out. Instead, I nestle my head against them without a doubt in my mind that they're right...