Chapter 20: The Beauty of Earth {Leif's Route}

Needed Info:

(H/l) - Hair length

(H/c) - Hair color

~~~

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        "(Y-Y/n)..." Ava's voice was meek, as she stared out at our destination. "You made us walk all the way out here just to do more walking?!"

        I rolled my eyes, a small smile finding its way onto my lips. "Yes, Ava, I have an assignment for work and the few from the end of the trail would be perfect!" I beam. "Besides, I'm sure you can get one of them to carry you if you need it...~"

        I giggle and wink as she goes completely red in the face. "(Y-Y/n)!"

       "Relax, I'm joking... but they probably would anyways, just threaten to use your magic or whatever."

        Ava scoffs. "Y'know what? That's... not an awful idea..."

        "Uh..." I sweat drop. Ava's my best friend and I love her and all but... she can be kinda dense sometimes. "Just- never mind! Let's get going on the... ancient trail!" I exclaim, looking back towards the Daemos.

        They all look up, seemingly intrigued, but Rhys seems the most interested. "Ancient trail?"

        I nod, maybe a little too quickly, but the boys seem unfazed. They're just focused on the "potential magical properties" of the trail, as Rhys said.

        Not much more time passes before we're all walking through the woods, enjoying the serenity of it all. I notice Asch's silence almost immediately and note how calm he is here. Oh, we're definitely coming back sometime! Good job, me!

        I find myself standing between Rhys and Noi, both of which who are asking questions about every little thing.

        "How old is this forest?"

        "Um... pretty old, I don't remember how long it's been around..."

        "(Y/n)! What's that?"

        "That's a bird, Noi. They're pretty harmless..."

        In all honesty, it's not the worst, it's kind of like babysitting... in a way. But I had been hoping that this would be more interesting, not them asking me tons of questions. I look at Ava and she's close behind us, walking with Pierce and Asch in a peaceful silence. That would be nice...

        After a moment, my eyes find Leif. He looks oddly at peace, intrigued by the nature trail. Maybe that means that talking to him won't be completely terrible...

~Leif's PoV~

        I kept to myself through the walk, lost in thought. That human, (Y/n)... they aren't like other humans. They have this strange kind of pull to them that I can't wrap my head around. Surely they're more then they're leading on, they have to be! Why else would they have so much control over me...?

        "Hey, Leif..." I glance over to find the same human standing closer to me then before. Their (h/l), (h/c) hair bounces as they walk and their eyes watch me, curiously. "I'm kinda bored, mind if I hang out with you for a bit?"

        Part of me was surprised. I'd figure that (Y/n) doesn't like me, I still think that. Yet, at the same time... I don't blame them for coming to me. I was likely one of the more interesting Daemos in the group.