Chapter 27: Daemos in Love!

~Ava's PoV~

The darkness clouding my vision slowly fades, giving me a slightly blurry view of my dads hovering over me. "Ava! Ava, my baby, wake up!" Pop begs.

"Pumpkin?" Dad asks, then looks back to Pop without noticing my eyes starting to flicker open. "Devon, this isn't good! She's been passed out longer than ever before!"

Pop stands up straighter and grabs his phone. "I'm gonna call 9-1-1!"

I let out a cough as a try to speak and hesitantly prop myself up on my elbows. "Wait, I don't need..."

They both immediately look down at me. "Pumpkin!" Dad exclaims.

"Ava!" Another voice calls, and in an instant I'm wrapped up in a familiar pair of arms. "O-Oh my god, I was so scared!"

I hug (Y/n) back, feeling my cheeks heat up. They're holding me so tightly... they must've been worried. But... they care so much, that's s-so sweet...

"Are you alright?!" Dad asks me, somewhat frantically.

Pop puts his phone away again and looks down at me. "Oh god, we were so worried about you! You weren't coming to as fast as usual!"

Just then, Marco rushes in with a bucket of water. "I am here to help!" He tries to splash some water on me, but because (Y/n) is hugging me, they get hit the most.

I shiver, feeling the water stream down my face from my hair and soak through to my shirt from (Y/n)'s. "C-Cold...!"

"S-So cold...!" (Y/n) adds, pulling off of me to instead hug themself.

Marco sweat drops and takes a small step back. "Oh... heh... she's awake..."

Dad looks to him with a stern expression but a soft tone. "Thank you for your assistance, Marco. We can take it from here."

"Sure, sure!" Marco replies with an understanding smile. "Pizza's on the house for this one. Just make sure Ava and (Y/n) are alright. Are you positive you don't want me to call you an ambulance or anything?"

Pop shakes his head. "No, this is common for Ava, but thank you though."

Marco seems to understand, but he glanced towards one of the windows. "All right. What should I tell the boyfriends?"

I suddenly go wide-eyed. "W-Wait! N-Noi?!" I let out a gasp before I can stop myself. "Wh-Where is- Oh no! Where are they?!"

"We've asked them to wait outside." Dad says, his voice less calm than when he was talking to Marco. "Also, Ava, you've got some explaining to do."

I can already feel myself start to sweat from the amount of anxiety those boys cause me. And ooor (Y/n) doesn't look any better... I start mumbling to myself under my breath. "Oh no, did the Daemos-?"

~Third Person PoV~

Outside of the restaurant, the five Daemos boys, back together again, stood in a small cluster. Their leader was, as to be expected, fuming. "What is wrong with all of you?!" Asch growls. "What possessed you to get in my way?!"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe it's the fact that Ava is a sorcerer-princess of humans!" Leif argues.

Rhys rubs his chin. "I have to admit, I was a bit caught off guard hearing that..." His eyes soften, but he still looks troubled. "Why do you think she would hide it from us?"