Chapter 40: Don't Leave the Boys Alone...

Look at this art, isn't it cool?! Well it's courtesy of @xX_X_Nightmare_X_Xx (I can't do links, I'm so sorry 😭), so please don't hesitate to check them out! They're wonderful!! :D

~~~

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

Everything was dark, not in the way that a room could be dark. I couldn't even see walls around me or a floor beneath my feet. But... it felt like I was standing on something at least, so that's a good sign? I hope... The only thing I could see was dark blues and purples in streaks across the emptiness of whatever was around me, and they emitted a sort of glow that allowed me to see myself, at least. It was almost overwhelming, both beautiful and terrifying at the same time, unlike anything I'd ever seen in my life. It was like looking into a starless sky.

Somehow, though, my fear felt underwhelming in comparison to the other ways those colors made me feel. None of it was so scary that it left me paralyzed or unable to recognize how pretty it all looked. More than fearful, I was curious. It looked familiar, in a weird way. The colors look nice together, I suppose, but they also made me feel calm.

I heard a small sound behind me, and when I turned, the colors merged together and created the blurry image of a person. They had no face, no ways for me to identify them, which wasn't exactly comforting. They did have a shape though, a head with short hair that merged with the darkness, and a masculine frame made up of blue and purple. "Y...ru...oon..."

I furrow my brows. "Wh-What...?"

"Y...kno...ru...meda...oon..." He spoke again. He steps closer, facing me as well as a being without a face could. He reaches for me, tries to touch my face, but I couldn't feel a thing.

I took a step away from him, and the colors dissipate and swirl around me before creating another figure at my side. This time, the blue colors made up a feminine-looking body and the purple made up long, flowing hair. She still had no face, but she had a mouth. She tilts her head at me and outstretches her hand. Her lips spoke urgently, but I couldn't hear a word of it no matter how much I wanted to.

I stare for a long time at the shape of her hand, her palm that still resembled the night sky, but was dotted with little stars, constellations, galaxies. I raise my own hand to place it against hers for reasons I don't understand, but the moment we made contact-

My eyes flicker open, and I'm laying in my bed, alone. "What the hell was any of that...?" I prop myself up on my arms and look around. There was light streaming in through the gaps in the curtains, the room's exactly how I remembered it looking, and my door is closed. How long have I been asleep? Maybe it doesn't matter... I felt so much better than I had before.

I felt something press against my legs, and glance down to find Galaxy curled up at my side, her chin resting on my thigh as she slept. She was purring softly, and couldn't help but smile at the sight, and I reach out to stroke her back. Then my memories began to kick in and I let out a sigh. Ah, right... Ava's sick. The boys hopefully have been doing okay taking care of her without me... but there's only one way to find out. I whisper an apology to the spirit beside me and kick my legs out of bed. I still should apologize regardless of how they did... I wait for a moment after I stand, but I feel stable, and I stretch my arms over my head. I quickly change out of my pajamas, which I don't remember changing into actually, and rush out of my room trying not to think about who might have done that.

I'm stopped in my tracks the moment I step into the rest of the apartment. The main room is a complete disaster, no doubt because of the boys, and I let out a small sigh. As much as I feel bad for yelling at them, I can still be annoyed over this mess. They're all a bunch of pains in the ass... but no one ever said taking care of literal demon men would be easy. Maybe I should be less uptight...