Chapter 12: Pet?!

~Third Person PoV~

        The next day, Ava made the decision of taking a nice calming bath with an excessive about of bubbles to hide herself from the world. Johnny was laying atop a small tower of towels, a light green face mask on his face.

        (Y/n) was in the room as well, seated on the counter beside the sink in a bathrobe and equipped with a face mask not too far off from the one Johnny was wearing. They're leaning back against the wall, taking a break from existing before they go out the next day and take care of their weekly workload.

        Ava sighs, contently. "This is relaxing..."

        Johnny meows in agreement, provoking a short laugh from (Y/n).

        "Face mask doing okay for you, Johnny?" Ava asks the cat, who purrs happily.

        "Niiice." (Y/n) responds, closing their eyes.

          Ava yawns, looking over at her friend. "Y'know, I'm so impressed. I haven't seen a horny guy in almost twenty-four hours now."

        And in that moment, (Y/n) was so relieved to have a face mask to cover up their blush. Johnny meowed, protesting Ava's phrasing as well.

        "You know what I mean, the horn guys." Ava rewords. "Wait, I guess what I said before came off bed. Ugh!" She facepalms. "You know what I mean, the demons."

        "They're Daemos." (Y/n) states, correcting their friend.

        "Whatever." She sighs and closes her eyes, leaving (Y/n) to role theirs at Ava's inability to just accept the situation. "Y'know, if those demons are this quiet and just leave me alone, I may not mind them staying here. They have their own magic-y wall-y deal and I have my own apartment, our own personal spaces. This might actually work out." She sinks into the tub and leaning back.

        "But what are the odds of that actually happening?"

        Ava opens her eyes, shooting her friend a glare. "SHSH! Let me have this..." Ava shut her eyes again and less than a minute passed in silence between the two when a third voice chimes in.

        "Whaaat are you doing?"

        (Y/n) didn't even bother opening their eyes when hearing the Daemos' voice, assuming that he had just came in through the door without knocking... again. "Get ou-"

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        Before I could finish telling Leif to make like a tree and get the hell out, Ava kept talking.

        "Relaxing, what does it look like?"

         "What does that do?" He questions.

        Ava chuckles, her tone still unusually relaxed. "What do you mean, I-" She suddenly screams, causing my eyes to shoot open. Leif is standing behind Ava, coming out of the wall, his face, arms, and torso visible. Ava is sitting in the tub below, eyes wide, face completely red and trying to hide her body with her arms and the bubbles.

        "I'm trying to figure out why you're doing this..." Leif says, scanning over Ava, before looking up at me. "And what's on your face?"

        "Why are you in my wall?!" Ava inquires, frantically.

        As if on cue, Asch appears in the wall beside him. "Leif, what are you-" He looks at me and Ava. "Wait, what are they doing?"

        "I asked the same question." Leif states. "I was gonna go ask the human sorcerer about human clothes since we can't figure 'em out."