Chapter 13: A Demon's Sweet Weakness

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        Once I had recovered from... ugh, that, I pick up the gift box and follow Asch back to the living room. Noi is ogling over Rhys' ability to put on human clothes... okay.

        "Rhys, how did you do it?!" The ginger-haired Daemos is wearing his hat backwards and the t-shirt and shorts over his armor.

        "It's really simple." Rhys informs him, his tone ever so slightly smug.

        "But the sorceress- A-Ava said that they're magic clothes from the sacred mall!"

        Rhys crosses his arms. "Use your brain, I-"

        I don't stay to listen to their conversation before I walk into Ava's bedroom, present in hand.

        "Mrs. Oates asked if you could deliver this." I say, passing the box over to her. "She's said she could lay you for it later."

         Ava nods. "Sweet." She stands up and takes a first glance at my face. "Why're you all red? What happened?" Something about her voice is almost panicked. At least I can tell that she cares.

        "Daemos are..." I let my voice trail off and sigh. "It- Its whatever, I don't wanna talk about it."

        "Want me to beat them up for you, dear?"

        "Please." I say, a smile forming on my face. "That's probably a bad idea though. They have magic and you have a pencil."

       Ava smirks, deviously. "A giant, sharp pencil." I give her a light shove, laughing before we go back out to confront the Daemos.

        I wonder if anyone else will call me Pet. They seem to do what as Asch says or what he does... Oh God, I don't think my heart could take that....

        "You guys suck..." I mumble, once we're out of the room.

        Asch turns to face me. "Excuse me?" His tone is so threatening, it sends shivers down my spine, but I don't back off.

        "You heard me!" I growl. "You can't just call me something like that, especially not in front of other people. Not only is it embarrassing but it's just really, really weird." My shoulders tense up. "And now I have to imagine sweet little Mrs. Oates- nope, nonononono." I hold my head in my hands, shaking it in an attempt to clear my head.

        Asch glares back at me, menacingly. "Don't speak to me like that."

        Johnny hisses at Asch on my behalf. This cat...

        "Make me stop, then." I spit back. They'll need to learn how humans function, and as much as I'd hate to be the one in charge of them, I can already tell that's exactly what's happening.

        Asch suddenly grabs my shoulder, holding me still while summoning fire in the opposite hand. I could probably break free of his grasp, if I wasn't paralyzed with fear.

        "Hey! Cut that out!" Ava yells, trying to pull me away from him.

        Asch's grip tightens around my shoulder as he shoots daggers back to Ava. "You're next, Sorceress."

        "Your majesty, stop!" Rhys pleads, but it's made ineffective by a small, almost animal-sized, shadowy figure that separates us, forcing Asch to step back and sending me and Ava to the floor. It stands by in a corner, staring at us with glowing purple eyes.

        "What is-?!" Leif questions, frantically, his eyes wide.

        The shadows around it disappear to reveal a cute galaxy cat that looks as though its smirking.