Chapter 24: The Date Begins!

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

Ava smiles at the camera. "Cheese!" She hums. I glance back at the boys, briefly, but only Leif was smiling. I turn back to the camera with a small laugh, but the picture was never taken.

"Pumpkin!" A different voice calls out. We all turn to look at the entrance of the apartment to see Andrew and Devon rush around the corner. They lock eyes with me, then Ava, then the see the camera and look back towards us.

Ava clings onto my shirt with a panicked expression. "Ah!" She breaks out to a nervous sweat.

I hold the short girl back, tightly, my hands shaking with excess amount of anxiety. "O-Oh god n-no...!"

The boys, still standing behind us, go wide-eyed at the sight of Ava's parents. "Who are...?" Rhys starts to question, only for Ava to scream again.

"Dad! Pop! Ah, this isn't what it looks like!!"

Ava's words seem to fall upon deaf ears. Devon looks to Andrew. "I told you!" He exclaims. They step closer and Andrew picks up the camera and throws it to the side as if it were nothing. Devon rushes over to us, pulling both myself and Ava off of the couch and into his arms, protectively.

Andrew glares at the Daemos. "Get away from our babies!"

"You demons! She's our sweet, innocent baby girl!" Devon starts, already yelling. "And (Y/n) is too smart to be enticed by your heathen ways! Do you not have a sense of moral responsibility?!"

The boys don't seem to follow that at all. Leif glares at Ava's dads, but instead of defending our case, he says, "We aren't demons, we're Daemos!"

Andrew pulls out his phone and suddenly feel lightheaded. "I'm calling the police!" He exclaims.

Ava's berry-colored eyes widen. "Dad, Pop, please let me explain!"

"Ava, (Y/n), you two don't have to resort to this!" Devon begins, tightly squeezing one of each of our shoulders. "We're your parents, your guardians, we'll help you through anything! If you needed money, all you had to do was ask!"

My face flushes bright red. "N-N-No, wait-"

"I-It's not like that, Pop, I-" Ava cuts me off, but then... the unavoidable happens. I had been expecting one of the boys to speak up soon enough, but what Asch did was what I was dreading.

"Let my prisoner go, I-" The Daemos prince summoned fire into his palm and Andrew and Devon went wide-eyed. Andrew's phone slips from his grasp and to the floor.

Devon speaks first. "Did he just-?!"

"Create fire...?" Andrew finishes for him, sounding a lot more calm about the situation despite the look of horror in his eyes.

Ava clings to my arm tighter. "O-Oh no..." She looks back at the boys and I follow her gaze like second nature. "Leif, knock us out!"

"W-Wait, what?!" Before I could say anything to prevent Ava's "plan," Leif phases behind Ava's parents and knocks them out with the handles of his scythes. Ava lets out an anxious groan and shifts away from me, only for Leif to knock her out as well. He raises a hand to hit me as well, but I desperately block my face with my arms. "W-Wait wait, Leif, don't...!" Somehow, that's enough to stop him.

Asch glares daggers at Leif. "Why did you knock out the prisoner?!"

"She said us!" Leif argues back, which I suppose is a good enough excuse. They really are pretty hopeless...