Chapter 20: So Much to Learn {Rhys' Route}

Needed Info:

(E/c) - Eye color

(F/f) - Favorite flavor of ice cream

~~~

~Second Person PoV~

        "Ta-da~!" You sang out, holding your arms out in front of you! "Welcome to the zoo!"

        Ava rolls her eyes at you and the childlike excitement in your (e/c) orbs. "A zoo, (Y/n)? This is the first place you thought to go? How old are you?"

        You glare back at the girl, fully prepared to fire right back at her. "Says the one who buys Derpy-Eyed Munchie Bear Pops instead of real ice cream, even though they're for kids!"

        "What?" Rhys questions, raising an eyebrow. "Has Sorceress Ava been misleading me about the wonders of ice cream?" The second the name of the dessert rolls off his tongue, his eyes sparkle. You bite your lip to stop yourself from squealing from his absolute adorableness.

        You nod. "Yes she has, Rhys, but I can show you the true way to buy ice cream!" You declare, which only makes Rhys beam more.

        "You can't age restrict me on ice cream, how dare you?!"

        "Well, you can't age restrict me on places that I go for fun!" You shoot back. "It could be worse, it could be, like... Chuck E. Cheese's or something..."

        Ava seemed to contemplate this in her head before promptly bursting out laughing. "Oh my God, can you imagine the guys in a Chuck E. Cheese's?!" With those words, you start laughing as well.

        Meanwhile, the Daemos were completely lost. "Human." Asch speaks, his tone harsh. "Where did you bring us?"

        "Oh, right!" You giggle before clearing your throat. "This is a zoo! It's a place where different animals from all around our world are kept. Not all of the animals on Earth are kept here, but there are a lot of them! And they're all behind bars and glass so they can't hurt you or anything." Your eyes shift to Leif and you glare at him. "And you guys aren't allowed to hurt them either! Don't get us kicked out!"

        Leif scoffs, mumbling something under his breath, liking some kind of snarky remark to your demand. But he didn't directly speak out against you...

        "Now, lets g-" You pause, spotting an ice cream vendor out of the corner of your eye and thinking of Rhys. "Actually, you guys go on ahead. Rhys, you stay with me."

       Ava's eyes follow yours and she nods. "Sounds good. Let's go!" She starts walking off, leaving the others to follow. Pierce and Noi walked at her sides, obediently, while Leif and Asch trailer behind, sulking.

        "(Y-Y/n)?" Rhys looks to you, his face ever-so-slightly reddened. It's was honestly pretty cute... "Why did you want me to stay behind with you?"

        "So I can show you real ice cream, duh!" You exclaim, reaching for his hand. You aren't expecting his hand to be as cold as it is and you tense up slightly, causing the Daemos to tense up as well. Seeing this, you give his hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze before you start dragging him along with you. "C'mon, it'll be fun!"

        The Daemos hesitantly follows along, eyes glued to the way you intertwined your fingers with his and the way a sweet smile remained present on your lips. He knew better than to develop an attachment to one of Asch's prisoners, and a human one no less, but... he was so intrigued by you. You definitely had this charm about you that he couldn't describe, but whatever it was doing made his heart pound in his chest...