Chapter 41: The Most Impressive Thing Guys Do

~Third Person PoV~

"Alright, you boys, I think you're all more than capable of taking care of Ava and (Y/n) from this point on." Mrs. Oates said. "Just do as I taught you every day until Ava gets better." She smiles sweetly at the group. "And make sure they both get plenty of rest."

"We will make sure it happens." Asch states, matter-of-factly.

Rhys lets out a small laugh. "What I believe Asch is trying to say is, thank you for all of your help." He and most of the others, excluding Asch, now to her. Asch looks around at his knights and rolls his eyes before bowing to Mrs. Oates as well.

"Oh my!" The old woman exclaimed with a smile. "You're all so courteous in such a way I can't describe! You all make me feel like a princess."

"Mrs. Oates, may I ask..." Rhys began. "How did you learn to heal humans as you do?"

Mrs. Oates put a hand to her chin and hummed in thought. "Well, I suppose it all started when I was a little girl. My mother would get sick very often, but no matter what, she would always get up to clean up after mine and my brothers' and my sisters' messes. She hated a messy house, I'll tell you that. Then, one day, she couldn't get up for the mess anymore. So as the older sibling, I had to step in and clean for her. I guess you could say a tidy house kept her asleep, but a messy one kept getting her up." She laughed. "But yes, basically that's where I learned to care for the sick. Well, that and all those years of nursing I did." She let out another laugh, entertaining herself more than the boys. "Well, I've gotta getting going to bingo night now." She winked. "I heard there's a hot new hunk hosting the game tonight, and he's about my age. Oh, maybe I can get myself a sugar daddy! See you all later." With that, she turned around and left.

"Did you hear that?" Pierce asked, and the other Daemos turned toward him.

"Yes, I did." Rhys answered, already creating a plan in his mind.

Noi was not on the same wavelength as the two. "Woah... Mrs. Oates is gonna find a lava human?"

Rhys shook his head. "No, Mrs. Oates' story."

"I think I'm on the same page as you..." Asch interjected.

"You are?" Rhys asked.

"Mmm- yes."

Leif's eyes went wide. "Wow, Asch is really getting smarter."

"I've always been a wise battle tactician."

"Similar to your brother, I assume." Pierce chimed in.

Asch rolled his eyes at that. "Let's not talk about my brother..."

"Tell me what you thought of just now." Rhys spoke up, wanting to get the group back on track.

"We need to make a mess." Asch stated.

Noi looked to the prince in confusion, blinking a couple times. "What?"

"That's right." Asch went on with a certain smug tone to his voice. "If we make a mess, Ava and (Y/n) will hate it and they'll be forced to get up."

Rhys nodded. "Exactly. It seems like humans have motivation to clean."

Noi frowned. "But (Y/n) is already annoyed with us..." He muttered. "And will doing that really help Ava?"