Chapter 2: The Prince's Desire...

~Third Person PoV~

        A glowing orb floats delicately through the dark forests of Daemos. It was the last soul, the last power source for the magic users. And it would be used, with no guarantee that another would be found.

        A blast of pale green magic shoots the orb, causing it to drop to the grass. A figure with bright blue horns, the strong and well-known General Pierce, approaches it and picks it up to examine it. Behind him, two more figures emerge from behind a tree. Noi, the lowest ranking of Prince Asch's guards, jumps down to his level.

        "Drop it!"

        "You heard the man!" The other figure, Leif, calls. Though he now fought for Prince Asch, he was Daemos' second highest ranking assassin. "Now drop it this way!"

        Noi aims his dual daggers at both figures. "It's mine, I rightfully cornered it first!"

        "You wanna try me?" Leif inquires, lifting his sickles, threateningly.

        "Face me! I'm delivering it to his highness first!" The three stand in a circle, all in a battle-ready stance. They glare at each other, menacingly. They do not realize the fourth figure, Prince Asch's royal advisor, emerging.

        "Petty, the both of you." Rhys remarks. "Truly it doesn't matter who delivers it... as long as it's me."

        Pierce chuckles. "Here... catch." He tosses the orb behind him.

        "Huh?" The orb bounces gently off of Leif's head. "Oh!" He fumbles with the orb for a second, before he catches it.

        "It's mine!" Noi cries, charging at Leif. Leif blocks his attack with one sickly, holding the orb up in his opposite hand.

       Rhys summons bright blue magic in his hand. "Freeze..." He blasts it at Leif and Noi and it falls in the middle of their fight. It forces them apart and to the ground. Leif drops the orb as the other releases as small scream. Noi gets to his feet and runs to the orb, only to be knocked to the side by Pierce. He crashes into Rhys, sending them both to the ground. Pierce retrieves the orb, but is shot with fire magic, which creates a circle around him. He looks up to its source and takes a knee, bowing. Rhys, Noi, and Leif follow suit, fore just a few feet away stands the Daemos prince himself, Asch.

         Rhys is the first to return to his feet. "Your highness, I can explain. We had obtained the soul and it slipped from our grasp and-"

        "We had a delay." Pierce butts in. An old woman steps out from behind Asch.

        "Well, is it hot in here or... is it just me?" She asks, looking in Pierce's direction.

        "Lady Grandma?" Rhys questions.

        Asch sighs at her words. "Not now, Grandmother."

        "Silence! Hmph!" She scolds, her tone suddenly angry. "When I was queen of this land of Daemos, I could have your tongue from speaking back at me!"

        "Why are you here?" Leif inquires, clearly bored with the idle chitchat.

        Lady Grandma regains her composure. "That soul you boys obtained... you need to take it, unharmed, to the alter now or we won't be able to use it." Pierce puts the orb in a small bag and tucks it away, safely.

        "I mean, the person we killed to get it was harmed, but- Ow!" Before Noi could finish his sentence, Lady Grandma had teleported over to Noi and hit him with her staff.