Chapter 37: Rescue Mission!

~Third Person PoV~

In the palace on Daemos, Lady Grandma walks down a corridor, stepping off of the main path to peer outside a large window. Below her, Rhal is training with three guards, none of which truly wanting to be there. The eldest prince, growing impatient with their hesitation shoots a wicked glare their way. "Come on!"

The knights all exchange worried glances before two of them charge ahead, yelling. Rhal deflects both with little effort, casually shoving one of them with such strength that the poor knight merely slides away on the stone floor. The second knight to attack is blocked and promptly hurled up into the air. Rhal stands up by as the knight falls to his feet, limp.

The third knight remains where he had been standing, watching as the first slides by him and crashes into a wall. He looks back at Rhal, relieved that his helm covers his fear.

Still, he is sadly not out of the woods just yet. "Come at me!" The prince demands. The knight begins to sweat, even through his armor, and he looks around before running into the palace. Rhal shouts, "Get back here, coward! before he chases him back into the palace and upstairs to where Lady Grandma had been watching.

The former queen let's out an exasperated sigh. "Rhal... may I have a word with you?" She speaks up.

"What?! Right now?!" Rhal asks, clearly frustrated, as he's already preoccupied. The guard that tried to escape his wrath is now being held in a headlock and enduring several blows to the head brought by Rhal's powerful punches.

"Did I stutter?" Lady Grandma queries, her tone far louder and harsher than it had been mere moment prior.

Rhal frowns at her, still punching the knight through the conversation. "Meemaw, I'm in the middle of a battle!"

"Do not defy me or I'll actually give you something to complain about."

"B-B-But- but...!" In his annoyance, Rhal punches the knight one last time. "Ugh, fine!" He drops the Daemos on the ground and walks over to Lady Grandma.

The guard, now terribly wounded, lays face-down on the ground. He weakly raises an arm. "Y-Yay...!" He manages to get out before his arm falls and he loses consciousness.

"The King has requested both you and I." Lady Grandma states, grimly.

Rhal tenses. "R-Right now...?"

The former queen scowls. "Yes, right now."

"But, uh-" Rhal sputters out. "-but I don't want to see father right now."

"I wonder why." The old woman laughs, her tone harsh. "It's not like you've missed any meetings with the council or anything of the sort..."

"Oh, I, u-uh..." Rhal looks away. "Yeees, I did not miss any meetings." He laughs nervously. "I attended them all."

Lady Grandma furrows her brow at the obviously lie. "Of course you did. Because you are a smart and responsibly future king." She goes on with a heavily sarcastic tone, one she knows that Rhal likely won't understand anyways. "It's not like you had a meeting to attend today that ended a few minutes ago that I was apart of."

"Oh, whew, good!" Rhal hums. "Because normally Bish keeps track of- wait! Where is my wife?!"

"Just as I thought..." The queen huffs.

"Meemaw, I can explain, I-" Before he can finish, Lady Grandma grabs his ear and drags him down the corridor. "No, not the ear!" Rhal cries. "They are a sensitive part, oh no-"