Chapter 29: Leya!

Needed Info:

(F/d) - Favorite hot drink

(F/p) - Favorite pastry

Drawing of Leya was by me! (I tried >_<)

~~~

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

The next morning, I wake up to an alarm for 8:00 that I set after staying up until 6:30. Needless to say, I was exhausted, but I didn't mind since I was gonna grab breakfast and a, hopefully, caffeinated drink with Leya. That would be nice.

I force myself out of bed and stretch my arms and back until I hear a satisfying pop, then I go to get dressed. Summer is slowly fading, as is my energy, so I grab something simple and comfy to wear out so I don't waste too much time.

Then, after going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I walk out into the living room. I wasn't expecting, nor was I mentally prepared, to be met with the Daemos prince himself, face-to-face. "Ah- h-hi, morning..." He puts up an arm to block me but I quickly duck around him to get by. I don't even want to look at them right now after what had happened yesterday; I was still beyond flustered and I just wasn't ready to face it yet.

"Good morning, Prime (Y/n)." Rhys greets me, walking over. "You look-"

Asch interrupts him, eyeing me with an intense gaze that makes me blush. "They look like they're going somewhere... without us."

Feeling a little bold, I reply, "Yes, I have a life away from you guys..." I slip on my shoes and turn back towards them, trying not to be fazed by the scarlet blush on my cheeks. "I-I'm gonna meet my sister-in-law for breakfast."

The others all seem to go wide eyed. "Sister-in-law?" Rhys asks.

Noi's eyes sparkle as he leans over Asch's shoulder. "I-Is she a queen??"

I mull it over in my head. Leya... mechanical engineer, confident, intelligent, powerful bisexual, yeah, she's a queen-

"Y-Yep!" I manage. "L-Leya's a queen!"

"Woooooooow..." Noi hums, excitedly.

Rhys steps forward again. "Is there any chance that we, even just one of us, could accompany you?"

Ah- Damnit! Okay, (Y/n), be cool! Just, uh- think like Ava!

I rub the back of my neck. "W-Well... I-I would, but..." I wrack my brain for an answer and stand up a bit straighter. "I-It's a private, r-royal affair and I have to go alone..."

Noi's shoulders slump and he looks down. "Aww..."

I feel bad about lying to him, so I walk over and gently pat his shoulder. "Uh- I-I can always take you guys out a-another day..." I say. "M-Maybe I some point-" I cringe. "-Y-You can meet my o-older sister, Kay..."

The group seems to liven up at that, and Noi hugs me, tightly. "Th-Thank you, (Y/n)!" But then he blushes and pulls away, shyly. "I-I'm mean... Prime (Y/n)..." He sighs, dreamily.

I... I-I can't tell if he purposely did that to make me melt or... if he just a-actually likes me...

Rhys pulls Noi back, quietly scolding him not to invade my space. "Regardless, have a lovely day, Prime (Y/n)... We hope to see you soon."

"Y-You guys too..." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. "A-And be good to Ava, okay? Don't give her any trouble!" I just barely catch the beginning of a nod from Rhys as I turn away to grab a jacket.