Chapter 6: The True Source of a Woman's Power!

~Third Person PoV~

        While Noi is left to watch the prisoners, trapped in their own home, the other Daemos explore the apartment in groups; Rhys and Leif, and Asch and Pierce.

        Rhys and Leif find their way to one of the bathrooms in the apartment.

        "What is this?" Rhys inquires, scanning the room, but mainly focused on the toilet in the corner.

        "Some kind of portal?" Leif replies, his tone unsure.

        Rhys squints, examining the toilet further. "A lever..." He observes, looking at the flushing mechanism before reaching out to touch it.

        "Uh, should you be touching that?" Leif asks, crossing his arms.

        Rhys turns back, looking at his companion. "We won't know what it does unless we closely examine it."

        Leif shakes his head, thinking of the potential dangers. What if Rhys were to get hurt? "Then... let me." He reaches out to pull the lever.

        "Leif, wait!" Leif pulls the lever, flushing the toilet. An action like this wouldn't be that crazy to a human, but they were Daemos. They used magic to care for themselves almost religiously. So it makes sense why they both went silent at the loud, sudden sound of the flush.

        "IT'S GONNA KILL US!"

        Their screams are heard all throughout the house. Asch and Pierce look in the direction of the sound from outside of Ava's bedroom.

        "They're trained warriors, I trust they won't get themselves killed." Asch states, ignoring the potential threat. Pierce only hums in response. Asch goes to open the door the same way he had opened the front door, as well as the door to (Y/n)'s bedroom. By melting the lock.

        But Pierce simply opens the door before he gets the chance. "It's unlocked."

        Mildly disappointed, Asch walks into the room, Pierce following. They scan around, seeing posters that Ava has haphazardly plastered up on her walls when she first moved in.

        "This is..." Pierce begins, speechless.

        "No, this..." He looking specifically at a poster depicting warrior characters from a television show. "These must be warriors. The female human must be a powerful sorcerer to imprison them in these walls..."

        Pierce turns to Asch in disbelief. "But she let her guard down so easily with us..."

        "Unless... we need to uncover the source of her power..."

        The two begin to dig around the room for this "source of power."

        All the while, (Y/n) was sitting cross-legged on the living room couch with their friend buried in their arms, only starting what would be a long, long panic attack.

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

         I hugged Ava as tightly as I could manage, but she wouldn't calm down. Usually, I can get her to relax with ease, at least a little more than right now. Of course, this is an entirely different situation so... it makes sense. All I can really do now is offer a shoulder to cry on.

        The ginger-haired boy is sitting on a chair, silently watching the whole display. "You're staring." I say, resting my head on top of Ava's and looking over to him. "That's considered rude on Earth." I glare to get my point across.