Chapter 20: Victory! {Pierce's Route}

Needed Info:

(F/c) - Favorite color

(F/a) - Favorite animal

~~~

~(Y/n)'s PoV~

        "Welcome to the ancient arcade!" I announce to the group.

        Noi's eyes light up. "Ancient?!"

        "That's right!" I confirm. "You see, the arcade used to be a much more popular place for humans to gather. That is, until humans began making games that you can access from your homes, therefore these old school arcades were left behind." I explain, mimicking Ava's usual dramatic tone.

        "(Y/n) and I would come here all the time when we were younger." Ava adds. "Not a lot of kids from our school came to this place so it was... safe." Ava and I exchange sad glances, but at the same time, it felt nice to reminisce.

        "Like a sanctuary?" Rhys inquires.

        I hum. "Yeah, pretty much." I fish my wallet out of my pocket and pass it to Ava. "Mind getting us some tokens while I keep explaining things?"

        She nods and steps away.

        I lead the boys over to a random game. "So, to play the games, you have to enter tokens into a slot at the bottom." I point to the slot on the machine. "To control what's going on on the screen, you have to use the control panel." I hover my hand over the controls, pressing a few buttons as an example.

        "Does it do anything?" Leif asks, his tone radiating boredom.

        "When you get points on the games, you win tickets. If you get enough tickets, you can win a prize from the counter at the front." I state.

        Noi and Leif's eyes light up. "Another chance to prove I'm better than Asch!" The former assassin exclaims, immediately provoking the already irritable prince.

        "You will never be superior to me, Leif!" Asch spits back.

        Leif smirks. "Then let's have another competition, shall we?"

        "Let's." Asch says with a scowl.

        Once Ava returns with the tokens and passes them out, Asch, Leif, and Noi are all gone in a flash, leaving Ava, Rhys, Pierce, and myself.

        Ava's eyes widen. "Oh God, they're gonna do something stupid!" She runs off after them, Rhys following her with the clear intention of helping. And now it's just you and Pierce.

        "Is there... anything you wanna do?" I ask the tall Daemos.

        He shakes his head. "I'll just follow you."

        "Cool!" I beam, scanning the arcade for a game to start with. Lucky for us, the arcade was pretty empty. Not enough people played the classic games anymore... "Oh! How about Pac-Man!"

        "Yes."

        Okay... progress? Maybe?

~Second Person PoV~

        You grab Pierce's arm, leading him over to the game. "Lets start simple, okay?"

        He only gives a silent nod, his eyes lingering on you as you stand in front of the game. You gesture for him to stand behind you, adjusting your position so that your hands are hovering over his.