𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-05

I ain't no damsel in distress and I don't need to be rescued.

Alexandra

"Mi occuperò di tutto da qui, puoi andare."

(I will take care of it from here you may go.)

I dismiss Izabella as we reach the last floor.

I step out of the elevator and offer a friendly smile to the receptionist as the elevator door closes. I take a deep breath and make my way toward the table where Gonzalez's secretary is stationed.

Clearing my throat, I capture her attention. Her heart-shaped lips curl up into a smile, and I quickly reciprocate the gesture. Judging by her appearance and her name, I gather that she's not Italian.

Tai.

"Hello, I have an appointment with Miss Gonzalez," I say. She glances at me and seems to understand. Her grin widens, and she responds, "You must be Mr. Hernandez's girlfriend. Please follow me. Ms. Gonzalez has been eagerly looking forward to meeting you all week long." I follow her, but my smile fades, replaced by a frown.

Alessandro's girlfriend, my foot! I am nobody's girl!

Although it sounds nice-

The actual fuck am I thinking, oh my God.

I shake my head mentally, cursing under my breath,

Oh Alessandro, just wait till I get home!

I clench my jaw, enthusiastically.

"Please go in, ma'am. Ms. Gonzalez is waiting inside," Tai's swift words cut through my thoughts.

I offer her a small nod and a smile before I knock on the door. A gentle "Come in" is the only response from the other side. Twisting the French door handle, I enter and promptly close it behind me.

Before me sits Natalie Gonzalez, the renowned Italian designer, perched on one of her elegant single sofas, the color of the sea.

"Welcome, sweetheart. May I know who you are?" she inquires, her voice steady and sharp.

"Ciao, Ms. Gonzalez. It's such an honor to meet you. I'm Alexandra Miller," I introduce myself, stepping closer to her. As soon as she hears my name, she rises to her feet.

"Oh, my dear, welcome. You must be Alessandro's girlfriend. What a lovely girl he has chosen! Look at those mesmerizing blue eyes of yours—I can see the oceans in them. Your perfectly shaped body and face, not to mention your stunning raven hair. Please, have a seat and call me Natalie," she exclaims.

The enthusiasm in her voice fills the room...

What is she so optimistic about?

She most certainly needs to calm down; she's getting on my nerves rather terribly.

Oh dear God

She placed both her hands on my shoulders and guided me toward one of the couches. Soon after, she settled back into her original spot, her eyes gleaming with delight.

"You can't imagine how delighted I am to meet you," I smiled in response to her compliment, returning the sentiment.

"Likewise, I mean you're a legend in the world of fashion and style. You're truly iconic."

She chuckled, never once taking her eyes off me.

"Well, darling, let me remind you that you're the heart of this story."