𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-50

Alexandra

The moment my eyes open I suck in a deep breath, pushing the comforter away from my body I slowly begin sitting up, My eyes catch my reflection in the mirror and memories of last night flood back into my head, I am still in my dress and I am at home, But my bed is cold hinting Alessandro didn't come back all night long or at least didn't come to bed.

Getting off the bed I run out, "Alessandro," the cold air of the hallway hits my bare skin, "You are awake." That voice, I turn around not minding to think twice before punching Dante in the face, "Where is Alessandro?" Pain spreads all over his complexion but he doesn't groan not for once.

"He is out." He doesn't hesitate, "Well no shit Sherlock, Where is he exactly?" I resume, "And don't give me route-changing answers."

"I am sorry but I was given orders to keep that a secret." He walks away his shoulder pushing against mine.

"Dante." My voice comes out sour yet hurt.

"Yes, Alexandra."

"Is he safe?" I turn to face him once again, tears already pooling in my eyes,

"I will assure you that he is." I nod my head before he walks off.

Even though Dante just told me Alessandro was safe but the weight on my shoulder didn't reduce for a moment, the emotions I felt were new and fearsome, if I wasn't able to see him in the upcoming hours I knew I was going to lose my mind.

°°°

"Hey." I look up from my book my weary gaze meeting Aida's, who stood against the door frame.

"Hi." She slowly stepped forward, and sat next to me on the couch, "Worried aren't you?"

"Very." I close the book, pushing my head against the couch headrest, "I have something which might help you get him off your mind for a couple of hours."

"I don't think that's possible Aida, Worrying about Alessandro will always be my priority, he will always come first." I excuse,

"Well of course but maybe a little investigation will sort things out for you." she clues

"An investigation?" I close the book, giving her my full attention.

"My former working place." Interest filled me up the same way champagne-filled a cup

"What about it?"

"I left a little something there, would you want to come with me to pick it up?"

"Now?" I solicit,

"Yes." She replies in a duh tone.

"Well if it's not important maybe we could fetch it another time when everything is fine." I place the strands of my hair behind my ear, thinking over.

"No, Lex believe me it's imperative."

"Oh Okay then Let's go." I stumble

"Great, I will go grab my purse, " she walks off before turning back again leaning against the door, "And by the way just in case bring a weapon, oh and don't forget your car keys." She leaves me with multiple question marks on my head, "Sure." I mumble to the ghosts around me.