𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-21

Lexi

Sitting on the sofa I was still dazed, Mateo Costa had died and he was to be buried in a couple of hours in Rome.

“I ordered Anthony to bury him beside his parent so at least he could rest in peace.” Aless had been very quiet ever since he informed me about the calamity, “Aless-” My word came out way more cracked than what I wanted it to be. I couldn't control the tears anymore, a drop of tear fell on my cheek followed by me crying, “Lexi,” My hand covered my face as I felt his presence beside me.

“He was planning to bring Venessa back from the united states, he wanted to send her off to college, he wanted to fulfil his duty as a brother,” My breathing became hard to control and the so bing became more.

Pulling me into his chest, I nuzzled into his neck, “I vowed  to him that no matter what went wrong, I would take care of his sister and take his role of becoming an older brother and Lexi I swear that when I promise something I will make sure to not let anyone down especially not Mateo, he was a brother to me and even though we didn't have the same blood running in us he was loyal, devoted, and trustworthy, you might have lost a friend but I lost a brother, a companion and a partner.” His voice was very meagre and shattered, “I promise when all this is over we will go to the united states to bring Venessa back and then I will make sure to have the funeral held.” My whimpers diminished as he spoke into my ear assuring me that everything will be fine, his hand stroked my back as he placed his chin on my shoulder.

“I hate the fact that he is no more and that I didn't even get to see him this time, Aless I am scared of losing everyone especially-” I took a breath and paused pulling back from the hug and staring into his beautiful eyes which the galaxy could be seen in them, placing both my hand on both side of his face I whispered, “You, I am the most scared of losing you, this game we are playing is dangerous, and we don't know whether we will be breathing tomorrow or will be dead,” His lips parted and then closed again and his orifices showed a million untold emotions, Until a couple of hours ago I thought affection, and liking had no place in my story but Mateo's death and the story made it clear life without love and affection is worthless and meaningless,

Death is natural and is where we all end at the edge of life, but today more specifically now I realised that what matters is to at least feel the moments, and the majestic sparks which come only once in a lifetime, I can't lose this chance and then regret it for the rest of my existence, I might have been a little greedy and have only thought about myself these past years but now I know that life decides whether its time or not and right now I think its the best moment to tell you that I fancy you and like you Alessandro Hernandez.

Feeling relieved a tear left my eyes and not wasting any more time I placed my lips on his and let the fireworks blow up in my stomach, his lips were relatively soft ones our lips disconnected I placed my forehead on his. “I wasn't expecting that Principessa, but I sure did relish it.” A chuckle left my lips as I placed my head on his chest feeling his heartbeat, it was like music to my ears every time it beat.

“Amore, we will leave for Milan in a couple of hours.” I only hummed as I positioned my legs on the couch and got comfortable, “Why don't you sleep, I will wake you up when we leave.” He placed a peck on my crown, his warmth was all I needed feeling safe my eyelids started getting heavy and my body was fatigued from the shocking news and all the sobbing.

I want to stay like this forever I hope time could just pause and we could live in this moment for eternity.”

Alessandro

Her body was curled into a ball as she fell asleep, after she was fully asleep I positioned her beside me and laid next to her on the couch, her hand was placed on my chest and gripped on my dress shirt, this Lexi is so different from the awake Lexi when she awakes she is so in control and decisive, but when she is asleep like this she is so childlike, pure, innocent and adorable. Just like how she mumbled when she was half asleep,

I want to stay like this forever I hope time could just pause and we could live in this moment forever.

I have the same wish to be like this with her in my arms sleeping peacefully and not having to worry about anything.

Tonight, when leaving for Milan I will make sure to put an end to all the disloyal dogs and show them where they belong no one disrespects their Alpha and leader and when they do they will pay the price with their worthless lives.

Looking down at the angel sleeping in my arms a smile crept onto my lips remembering her words two years ago.

You two are so going to fall in love together.” Anthony teased sipping his morning coffee “Cut the crap Tony, I and this bear will never even get an inch close to falling in love even thinking about us being in love makes me want to throw up all over this place.” she threw her hand around emphasising her words.

“Ouch princess I am hurt.” I placed my hand on my heart acting hurt.

“Do I look like I give a shit no and do not princess me again or this fork will be stabbed into your hand understood?” she warned showing me the silverware.

“I will love to see you try.”

She took a deep breath before mumbling “God please give me patience with this pothead.”

I laughed at the memory and now here she is sleeping in my arms like a child.