𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-51

Alexandra

"Is this the place?" I push the car door close before locking it, my eyes inspecting the abandoned-looking warehouse, "Yes, this is the place, well at least that's what the address says." She glances between the phone and the depot, "I don't have a good feeling about this." I whisper before stepping towards her. "Here are the car keys, keep them as I go take a close-up look." I hand her the car keys, "You can't just go there alone, we don't know what is hidden behind those closed doors—" I shush her, "Aida, you are pregnant and you are my best friend's wife meaning if anything happens to you behind those closed doors I won't ever be able to forgive myself, that's exactly why I want you to stay here while I go and take a look if I don't make it out or you hear a gunshot,  I want you to drive away without me."

"I can't just leave you—" placing my hand in hers I give her a light-limped smile, "You will, I am Alexandra and I can handle everything." I resume after clearing my throat, "We have a deal."

"Alexandra—" Her voice cracks, "Aida," I say my voice firm. "Aida, Just this once please." She nods lightly, giving her a hug I turn away, sucking in a deep breath before walking towards what might be my doom.

But hey let's look on the bright side, nothing might be behind those walls and we might have the wrong address meaning all this pressure and burden was for nothing. Reaching the brown, old, rusty, Iron doors I close my eyes chanting a little prayer before opening the door.

CREEEK~

A shiver runs down my spine at the grind of the shabby door, giving me enough space to walk in, I was welcomed by the dim light of the warehouse and the smell of moist rust, and waste. Pulling out my cell phone I turn on its flashlight, lighting up my path, making sure to have my hand on my weapon just in case Xavier enjoyed playing his childish games. The sight of old spider webs and grass growing out of the concrete cracks wasn't a very pleasant sight to the eye. Walking deeper into the shed I noticed a light coming from the end of the path. Raising my pace I try to get to the light fast.

Which is never the right choice to do, Never follow the light they said.

Pushing the door which the light dimly shined behind I gasp at the sight. My hands move to my mouth at the scene in front of me.

Someone was here before me.

Blood scattered all over the floor and droplets of blood slowly trickled down the wall, this mess seem to belong to the lifeless red-headed female tight to the chair in the middle of the room. Stepping on my heart I push my fear away before walking closer to the corpse, touching her hand, my senses detected the warmth of her body.

They are still here, pulling out my weapon I put up my guards, and looking around me I detect nothing except the corpse.

Feeling nausea from the scent of blood I turn away and head towards the exit.

Walking out of the room I stop stiff in my track as soon as I feel a cold metal pressed to my forehead.

"Leaving so soon Kotenok."

The moment the Russian accent hits my ears I know I wasn't going to make it out the doors I came through.

"I see you already met Katrina, what a shame you guys weren't able to meet sooner."

Katrina! The dead woman is Katrina, the air in my lungs reduces making it hard to breathe.

The only thing I had in my mind was to give Aida a sign to leave. I knew Xavier wasn't going to shoot me and that was the only hope I had when I turned to face him, his gun now piercing into my head while mine gored into his stomach.

"Only two can tango." I spit smirking,

Not giving him any time I grab the gun by the slide pushing the muzzle away from my head I wasn't planning to have my brain blown out any time soon, I knew if Xavier tries to shoot me the gun will only fire once and won't cycle, I twist the gun pulling it out of his had now had both guns under my control, I rack the slide to cycle a new round. A couple of practices paid off rather than having a bullet in my head.

"Well, that was easier than what I expected," I mutter my eyes stuck on Xavier not missing a single move.

"I have to say Alessandro did train you well."

"Glad you noticed, are you by chance down for being shot again maybe this time somewhere more certain." A low chain of Laughter leaves his throat before he takes a step toward me. "You think you are so smart, entering an abandoned warehouse on your own, you think you're the Black Widow, just because you know a few tricks with that gun it doesn't mean you are a superhero and got everything under control."  He speaks with an acerbic tone, 

SNAP-CRACK

My finger pushes the trigger on the same gun that I pulled out of Xavier's gun, the bullet passes by him missing the target intentionally his green eyes turning red from anger, curling his lips his jaw clenches, I wasn't irritated by his words at all the only reason I pulled the trigger was to get Aida out of danger and save her from what comes next which I am unfamiliar with.

"You really must love me so much to intentionally miss the target twice." He smirks getting closer to me, "I certainly have something for you more like making you disappear from this planet, it's such a waste of bullets to have you around Ivanov."

"You are just obsessed with wasting bullets on me aren't you, well it was nice having a conversation with you but now it's time for the real work." Before I could interpret his word a sharp pain spreads around the back of my head and my eyelids slowly become heavy and hard to control until they were closed, being welcomed by another ray of darkness slowly unaware of my surrounding my brain shuts off and I lose track of whats going on.

The last person flashing through my head was a vivid image of Alessandro smiling, I will be safe