𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-14

"Iris has been shot right between the eyes." The transmission was already expected.

Looking up from the coffee machine my eyes followed Alessandro in his black Armani suit.

"What about Daniel?"

"He has been shot in both the shoulder and left leg and he wouldn't make it to the ball."

"Impressive, two down."

Handing Aless a cup of coffee I made my self comfortable on the settee.

"Our main goal is to make the deserters show themselves, and then make them pay." Aless took a sip of his coffee before surveying his watch.

"When the distress is extreme on them, everyone will indicate themselves, at that time we will know whether which family has sent people into the Hernandez household, we will also know which offshoots of the Hernandez gang is working against us and who are they toiling for. " I added making sure not too miss a portion of the plan.

"Bingo."

I turned my laptop on entering Alessandro's Mansion CCTV.

"Where is Anthony?" I looked away from the screen and turned my eyes towards Aless who was occupied starting at the ocean view from the immense window.

"He went over to his house for a couple of hours to check on his wife and take her over to her parents, then he will be going to Iris's funeral."

I nodded turning my head back to the screen.

"Who is she?"

"Who?"

"Tony's wife?" I asked again clearing up my question.

"His best friend, Aida Marino."

"The officer?" I turned my head stunned.

"sì, the officer she gave up her insignia for Tony."

I was astonished by the tale, Love will lead you to the point were you are ready to give up everything for the one and only but not all sort of love instructs you to that path, purely genuine love, the instant you know this soul is the perfect one and you are willing to forego everything for them. That is the love we maintain digging for, ever since we anticipate the significance of love.

"Good for them." My voice was way miserable than what I wanted it to be.

"Yeah, welfare for them." He too sounded like he was unhappy with something, but didn't utter a word.

"Thanks for the coffee Amore." He positioned his mug on the sink before resigning from the penthouse evacuating me isolated.

"Your welcome." I grumbled under my breath before turning my full attention back to the screen.

Checking each room's CCTV everything was rather peaceful than typical.

Scanning every room over again, something swirled in me when seeing the scene in front of me.

Quickly reaching for my phone I phoned the first person in my list.

"Tony, send someone over to the cellar Esmeralda is up to something." My voice came out as a growl as I yelled into the device in my hand

"Lex, What are you talking about Esmeralda is having a day off today she isn't in the house, none of the maids are." He retorted giving me enough reasons to know something was up with the exclusive scene.

"Stop squandering time Tony transmit a goddamn person into the basement right know something is going on."

"Okay, okay I will send Angelo into the mansion right away."

Without bestowing an adequate acknowledgment I hung up throwing my phone onto the goblet table in front of me.

Taking a deeper look into the building I noticed the door to Alessandro's room open, those maids really need to learn to close the doors behind them since the doors to my room and tony's room were open to.

How bizarre....

Wait...

None of the maids are in the house today...

I recalled Tony's words.

Merda!

This is a trap.

Instantly grabbing my phone I contact Tony.

"Sorry the number you're calling is currently busy please try again later."

No, not now!

I uttered profanity getting frustrated.

Keeping my eyes on the screen again my eyes caught a man walking out of Tony's room wearing an all black outfit with a black cap, wearing gloves on only one hand while the other was gloveless, he ran towards the left side hallway where we had no CCTV's.

Scanning all-round the house I only saw Angelo grabbing Esmeralda with her hand backwards as be brought her downstairs.

My phone ringing getting my scrutiny.

The caller ID was no other than Tony.

"Angelo caught her trying to poison the wines."

"I can see that, but what we missed was a furtive rat walking from room to room while we were busy busting a little mouse."

"What do you mean by a rat their was no one in the house except Esmeralda." He doubted perplexed.

"That's what they wanted us to think when in reality we had to tricky critters in our house under our beaks." Anger was heeded all over my voice.

"I will find what this is about once I get their don't worry I will keep you updated."

The line was dead, but the phone was still beside my ear, a loud sigh was heard as I placed my phone beside me and turned the device infront of me off.

I am being tricked in my own game at least they are trying to mislead me.

I know exactly what the two appeared for.

The cap boy didn't came too steal anything nor pilgrimage for anything, he has either placed sound recorders or small spying cameras in order to know what happens inside the house without having to deal with any crises.

The sun is slowly setting I walked towards the glass sliding door and opened it, a refreshing breeze hit my surface cooling me down from everything that happened.

My hair was flying everywhere with the remedy of the calming breeze.

Alessandro left for a drive and also to buy a set of commodities.

I came here to Italy with the hope to launch my business, live and undercover life as the consigliere of Alessandro and the Hernandez family, and I swore that I will not set a foot outside the borders of Italy until I do what I am her for at the first place.

I am not looking forward to let anyone down especially not the Leader of the Hernandez gang.