𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-41

Alexandra

What is the worst feeling in the world?” they asked

“ The feeling of betrayal,” I replied

“Why?”

Well, that's a valid question why does betrayal feel unpleasant? Could it be because it is like being falling off a plank and rather than helping they stare and do nothing, and let you perish?

Or because it just makes you look stupid, placing trust into someone yet they return it torn and damaged.

Which one could it be?

Whichever one it is it still hurts and leaves ugly scars behind it.
Scars that remind you not to trust anyone again cause the distress is still visible and will never wither.

Opening my eyes, I stare at the ceiling.

What was that, a dream, deja vu, or just a thought?

Betrayal.

Betrayal.

Betrayal.

It keeps ringing in my head like a massive bell.

Sitting up from the bed I run my hand through my hair and exhale a vast amount of air.

Gazing at my reflection through the body length mirror, I keep hold of the silence and just stare.

Ring—Ring

I flinch as the sound of my phone ringing reaches my ears.

“Dear God.” I sough grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

Unknown number.

“That's weird.”

I fight myself between picking up or letting it keep ringing, the sound filled the room with discomfort and annoyance.

I finally fight back the choices and pick up.

“Hello—”

What I hear next brings complication to my head, an unexpected caller.

How could I miss that, I mentally slap myself.

Samantha—” I finally blurt

“Oh my goodness, Lex I thought you were dead or something has happened to you I called you about a couple more times but you didn't pick up, I internally thought you were deceased!” she yells into the phone, removing the device away from my ear I checked the dialled numbers and she has called me a couple of times before.

I am not usually a heavy sleeper I must have been really tired to not wake up by the sound of my phone ringing.

“Oh yes, sorry I was asleep, I see you've changed your number.”

“Right, yes my phone broke leaving it in small pieces, so I had to buy a new phone and Sim card.”

“Did it break or did he break it?” I ask already knowing the answer, the silence on the other line made me even more sure.

“Sam until when will you just sit still and watch him abuse you?”

“Lex it wasn't his fault, after all, I got on his nerves.” Her voice is frail as she spoke.

“Samantha, I understand that you love him but let's get real on this, he gets mad with everything you do, not one day has he accepted you for who you are rather for what he wants you to be.” I resume, “Just because it love it doesn't mean you have to accept everything that comes with it, David has never really been the man you deserve and will never be, You have given him enough chances stop living for him you are young, beautiful and smart you don't need David to be happy, someone out there will love and cherish you for who you are and will love every piece of you, just think about it does he love you or is he just playing around with you, Sam I love you we have been friends for ages now and I can't stand watching him hurt you, I can't see you break apart and slowly perish.”