𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓-15

My head felt like it was underwater, the pressure was too much, I couldn't bring myself to face Aless and tell him about what happened, the best way to make him proud is to hide this from him.

I know I will regret this later, but maybe my feelings are deceiving me and everything will end properly this time.

"Caro, what are you doing outside?"

I love how he called me new names every minute a second I am Amore the next minute I am Caro (Dear).

"Nothing, I was just vegging out." I faced him, the grocery bags were still in his hands, in his Armani suit, the smile on his face made it harder to lie in his face, forcing a smile I walked into the house closing the glass door behind me.

"So what did you buy?"

I gave him a hand in picking up the grocery before placing them all on the white granite counter.

"I just bought the essentials that were missing in the fridge."

I nodded my head at his statement before I started placing the grocery in the fridge or cabinets properly.

"How is everything going on at the mansion?"

That question caught me off guard I stopped in my track.

The Rumination of whether I should tell him the truth or lie and tell him everything is alright.

"Lex?"

I broke out of my thoughts and took a deep breath making sure he doesn't notice.

"The mansion was very calm and quiet don't worry everything is fine back there."

There was no doubt that he believed my words and my actions but I felt like I am betraying him by not telling him the truth.

After all, all I am willing to do is not let him down and get this over, all by myself.

Fear never had a place in my story when it came to manipulating people, but today standing in this kitchen and lying to Alessandro showed me trepidation.

"Good to hear that no one is daring to step into our territory, okay then Lex I will go change out of these and be back." his blazer was in his hand as he trolled out of my sight into his bedroom.

OH, GOD!

Why is it too hard to do this?

Closing the last cabinet I walked out of the kitchen towards the living room where Aless was already sitting, with a book in his hand.

"What do you want for dinner?"

My eyes turned to Aless, he was still focusing on the book.

"I really am not hungry so I might just skip dinner." I threw back.

His eyes were torn from the book in his hand and it was on me.

"Skip dinner? Lex that's not happening I hope you know."

"Aless I just don't feel hungry."

"Lex, are you trying to starve yourself to lose weight? Look you are perfect the way you are, there is no need in trying to starve yourself and skipping meals when you are already well made."

he placed the book that was in his hand onto the coffee table and held my hand.

I mentally rolled my eyes before I started giggling.

"I am not trying to starve myself silly, I am just not in the mood for food and when I am hungry I will eat I promise. "

He let go of my hand and leaned backwards on the sofa before he chuckled and sat straight.